Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2013, 12:14 AM   #1 
KuriousArtist

Question Omega One tropical flakes for my betta???

So I had some guppies but they all died off. I still have some food from them and wanted to know if they would be alright to feed my Betta, Cobalt?

I have the Omega One Tropical Fish Flakes and the Hikari pellets.

Is it more of a if he eats them then go ahead or would they hurt him. He really likes the Omega One Betta flakes I already feed him. I was wondering if there would be any difference?

Also I wanted to ask if anyone has ever come across a betta who loved bloodworms but then one day just decided he didn't like them and hasn't touched them since?

Thank so much!

Last edited by KuriousArtist; 01-26-2013 at 12:22 AM.
KuriousArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 03:29 AM   #2 
Saphira101

Post I wouldn't do it...

I wouldn't feed him the tropical food. Also, the omega one betta flakes have been known to contain whole fish bones, which can potentially kill your fish if it eats them, so I would recommend switching to pellets.

With the bloodworms, many bettas may change their taste after a while. they used to love something so much, and one day you feed it to them and they're like, "meah, whatever." this is common.
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:02 AM   #3 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphira101 View Post
I wouldn't feed him the tropical food. Also, the omega one betta flakes have been known to contain whole fish bones, which can potentially kill your fish if it eats them, so I would recommend switching to pellets.

With the bloodworms, many bettas may change their taste after a while. they used to love something so much, and one day you feed it to them and they're like, "meah, whatever." this is common.
The flakes have been known to have whole bones in them! I feed my tropical community the flakes and have never had that problem but it sounds pretty scary. I have 4 rainbow fish, 1 gourami, red eye tetras, and 2 angels.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #4 
bettaexporter

For the live food you have to train them from beginning. Else they wont take it, in their baby state you have to give mosquito larva or Artemia salina for the better growth. If betta refusing live food its better to stick on to artificial food.
bettaexporter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cobalt, food, question