Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 AM   #91 
Aurie

A couple weeks ago I got 5 Julii cory's. I researched them white I was at the store to double check that they weren't False julii's and they aren't.. One died after a couple days but the other 4 are going strong! My Parkinson rainbow thinks he's a cory and follows them all around the tank.

My 5 pygmy cory's are in the 10 gallon with my betta now. He grows at them and they flitter away.. only to come back and antagonize him. He's realized that they're no threat, and just looks at them funny. They're way too quick for him.
This betta is wierd, he won't attack anything. He leaves common pond snails, and his nerite alone. I took a gamble with him and the pygmy's and it's working out well.
Aurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #92 
carbonxxkidd

I finally got my corys yesterday! I couldn't decided on one species, so I got 3 Melini (bandit) and 3 Punctatus corys. They are soooo cute. I'm surprised at how active they are! They are constantly swimming around, foraging in the plants and swimming up and down the glass. They seem really happy so far, and are all schooling together which I love. Was very excited to see them loving the frozen blood worms I gave them for breakfast! I just put zucchini in my tank for my otos and am looking forward to them finding that too. I will try and get photos/videos soon.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #93 
carbonxxkidd

Picsssss!

The group! They seem to really like foraging underneath my intake.

Melini :)
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:28 AM   #94 
Memphis

I got couple Cories to keep Kratos company. They love tormenting him, but he gets even by playing ninja, and zooms out of his hiding spot chasing them. I hope to get another Panda for Po since he was all alone at Petsmart, and I refused to go home without him. Luckily Salt and Pepper (my Julii's) adopted him, and all three school together tormenting Kratos.

I think Pepper might be filled with eggs. Her belly seems to be...big, and she has been acting weird tonight. Salt won't leave her side, and Po follows them around. I will have to check out the local petstores to see if they have any Panda's since I have to get more conditioner.
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #95 
cdouglas93

Atm I have three peppered cories in my 30 gallon. Two females and a male. I am currently feeding them Omega shrimp pellets. I was wondering: 1. Can cories be tankmates to two Angelfish? 2. (If yes to question one How many cories could I house in my 30 gallon. 3. (If No to question one) I will be moving them into my 10 gallon sorority of 5 female betta. How many more cories could I house in this 10 gallon?
cdouglas93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:32 AM   #96 
djembekah

Most cories are far too large to house in a ten gallon.
Posted via Mobile Device
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #97 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
Picsssss!

The group! They seem to really like foraging underneath my intake.

Melini :)
CONGRATS!!!

im jelly!

Ok, long time no see!

I FINALLY got the thumbs up to get my 3 Peppered cories! I hope they like my sand!

Also, my water chemistry wont be a problem i found out, as my cores at petsmart have the same params! YIPEE!

questions, what do i feed them and how often? I am getting them either this or next week!

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW THREAD CALLED PEPPRED CORIES!
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #98 
MyRainbowBettaFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurie View Post
A couple weeks ago I got 5 Julii cory's. I researched them white I was at the store to double check that they weren't False julii's and they aren't.. One died after a couple days but the other 4 are going strong! My Parkinson rainbow thinks he's a cory and follows them all around the tank.

My 5 pygmy cory's are in the 10 gallon with my betta now. He grows at them and they flitter away.. only to come back and antagonize him. He's realized that they're no threat, and just looks at them funny. They're way too quick for him.
This betta is wierd, he won't attack anything. He leaves common pond snails, and his nerite alone. I took a gamble with him and the pygmy's and it's working out well.
ROFL

your rainbow is probably like...i hope i fit in here lol
Old 02-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #99 
MyRainbowBettaFish

oh yah! I almost forgot! I don't need an aerator because cories have labyrinth organs like bettas, correct?
Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 AM   #100 
Kuronue

Location: Chautauqua County, NY - My mind is in my fish tank usually
I was woken up and gifted with a trio of corydoras aneus yesterday morning. After setting them up and gradually acclimating them to my quarantine (they seem healthy and energetic, but I'm paranoid) and doing some lightening research to make sure they weren't juvenile brochis splendons, I would like to make sure I give them the very best at life that I can.

I have researched the basics, but can some of you more advanced owners give a surprise cory cat newbie some advice? Like if there anything spiffy they love to have in their tank? I took note of some good brands and types for a staple diet reading through this entire board, but I'd also like to know what snacks and foods are best for a good variety. :3

I have what I believe to be 2 boys and a girl look at them from above (Girls are wider right?)
Kuronue is offline   Reply With Quote