Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2013, 03:06 AM   #1 
eemmais

How can I clean out a very moldy fish tank?

So I'm getting a used fish tank from my friends sister. The thing is, she didn't do a good job with water changesvand the thing is covered in mold/algae. What should I use to clean it? There's so much that you wouldn't be able to see anything inside the tank if you set it up. I tried hosing it off but there's still some mold that I can't seem to get off with just water.
eemmais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:37 AM   #2 
chardzard

is it a glass tank if yes u can scrub it with that green thing u clean pots n pans with some mem may scream at me for telling u to use "bleach" fill up the tank add the bleach normal bleach tho and let it scoak for about 30 mins then scrub it n let it dry for 1day yea it sound crazy i know but if u dout wat i'm saying check wat they treat tap water with n see it in bleach too just lots more of it that all ,
chardzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #3 
GoodMorning

there are scrubbing brushes made for aquariums, i think i got mine a long time ago for under $5. I also agree with charizard, you can try those scotch-brite dishwasing pads, if it doesn't scratch your glass cups, then it shouldn't scratch ur glass aquarium.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #4 
babystarz

After using bleach, you need to rinse it out really well 15-20 times. Then leave it outside for at least a day in direct sunlight; the light will break down any remaining bleach particles and make them non-toxic.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote