betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #21 
dramaqueen
Banned

Your budgies are pretty!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:08 PM   #22 
LeoTheLakerBetta

:D Thank you!! Sorry for this late gratitude. I haven't found much time lately and when I have, I didn't check this lol.

Well, the party on Sunday went well. My sister had a good time as did I. My old iPod somehow got broken...

Bad news in the fish world is Mercury died last week... I feel like I could've given him a little more affection while he was sick but I was also very sick with a fever and a hacking cough. Luckily no asthma that time. But he's in a peaceful place now and I am grateful for his life.

Hehehe for the party we had to move the budgies' cage out of the family room into the garage. Lol they were so afraid of their new environment. They wouldn't move or speak much, and only towards the end of the night did they make a few chirps and stuff. The next day (MLK day woo) we move them back to there old spot. I thought they would takesome time adjusting but nope; they went right into a happy song and chirps. :D

We had lots of cleaning to do but it was still an enjoyable day.

Lol I got a good picture at night of Sky some time ago He was climbing and biting on that toy! He jumped right off after that picture. That toy was actually meant for dogs at the dollar store but we got it anyways since the budgies like to pick at stuff like that.

Also are some pictures of Twix and Zoey's love for each other. Lately Sky has been very jealous of Twix and has even been hitting on Zoey. Twix doesn't really stand up to anyone so Sky easily pushes him away from Zoey. He never gies up though (raised him right then lol). Haze is kind of pushy towards Sky since he doesn't pay her much attention. Those two didn't have the time to bond like Twix and Zoey had. Of course Zoey gets annoyed with Twix every now and then but she still shows him some love. :D And I had to add a picture of Haze preening herself.
Attached Images

LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #23 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Squirrel on Cam!

Haha today I was watching a little Big Bang Theory when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. Squirrel! They are pretty common in my area although rabbits are much more common (mostly during spring & summer). Still I grabbed my camera and walked up to the window. This squirrel frequents our house every year for I dunno how long but pretty long! He fattens up a lot on our peach and apricot trees. The birds love it too because he (or she idk) leaves a bunch of scraps which gets really nasty to pick up because they rot When I walked up to the window he sees me and scurries off. Butright after I sit back down I see him come back for more! That time I got the little fella. But since he's a fast little guy I only got 3.. Maybe next time!! I might submit it to our newspaper which has a squirrel of the month thing going on Oh in the last picture he's on the right side, jumping onto the fence. Oh and our backyard isn't that crappy looking, it's just that part of the bank we have which lets almost nothing grow... Maybe I'll get a pic up of the good lookin side
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #24 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Today is clean up day for me! All the clean-ups in one day! Well I don't care that much today because I'm in no rush. I don't have any tennis practice today (it rained!), no homework (thank you finals week), and I have Monday off woohooo! I might crash Petco today, I HAVE A COUPON! I haven't gone since last year o-o. So today might be the day. 7 bucks off if I spend 30 so I might just buy a thydor heater for Spud who's current heater is not the best. So an upgrade will be called for. I will have to convince my mom and figure out where I'm pulling the money out from. :/

I have a funny story about the budgies from the other day. We neglected to fill up their food barn so they were literally BEGGING for food. When we took the food barn out they immediately already start coming down. So we fill it up and then my sis holds it outside of the cage. And they all just hop onto it! We set it down on a foot rest and they hardly noticed. Then Twix finished eating and then he suddenly realized they were in trouble and let out a chirp. Everyone stopped eating and Zoey flew back to the cage! Eventaually we led them back in lol.
Old 01-26-2013, 12:33 PM   #25 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Hehe here are a few pictures from a while back. The first one shows how Zoey likes to sit and spend most of her day. She is VERY lazy and sits with her bottom wayy up on the little platform. It's so cute :D

The second one is all of them one one perch and how they dislike the flash lol
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #26 
LeoTheLakerBetta

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread....67#post1407267

Here is my thread about my new fish that I picked up today! They seem very lively and healthy and the dalmation boy looks great! I'm hoping that the girl colors up very nicely...
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #27 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Back from a small hiatus lol. Well, I had a ton of homework last week so I think now things have calmed down for me. I have 1 tank to clean for today and then I return to school tomorrow. On Saturday, I went to Disneyland :D which was fun despite the long lines that take forever. My 4 day weekend went by really fast though which makes me sad. Next weekend I need to pick up some conditioner; I am gonna ditch the Stress Coat and go back to Prime which lasts much longer... But thats all for now. Boring week with not much news :P
Old 03-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #28 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Still got the huge load of homework and tennis games. In my spare time I've been playing more tennis and cleaning up tanks and doing chores. Plus, DMV work going for that permit! I just finished the online shtuff which kinda sucked; glad its done. Have to study for the written test.

Fish are okay; recently moved two tanks to my room so only one tank is downstairs. Dad likes it better :/ Blossom is having what seems to be constipation issues... Everyone else is fine.

The budgies got a new toy yesterday; this huge ladder with many things to bite and shred. That willl keep them occuppied for a while..

Today is all tank clean day, since I had no time yesterday.
Old 03-21-2013, 11:40 PM   #29 
dramaqueen
Banned

I love the pics of the squirrel! And your birds are gorgeous!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote