Betta Fish Forum banner

~New boy & New Girl~ *Slightly pic heavy*

1K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  shawnee 
#1 ·
Ching ching sparkle sparkle! Since Merc died :( I've had a space open and I kept the tank running. So I headed off to Petco for the first time in 2013 with a coupon in hand and bought 1 boy and a 1 girl! This will be my last girl since with 9 it makes a full stock. The boy is pretty big and he is flaring at fingers and all that jazz. Hehehe so here are some pics and I'm open to names! The last 2 pics of the girl are with the flash on so that's why her colors look different. And her eyes aren't that creepy but actually quite beautiful. That is, without the flash :D

The girl had chunks of her fins missing so I felt bad for her and the boy's tail looked cool with the spots on it. He might be a dalmation? He moves a lot and the lighting in his tank isn't so good.

#15 ·
definitely a marble. IF he gets more white once he settles in a bit more, he would be a koi. (because Koi will still change a bit, being marbles, and stress causes a darker color pattern on Mushu)

Either way, he's gorgeous, and quite the find!

#17 ·
Pet store conditions can be stressful, and it can take a few days for them to completely relax in their new homes. Trust me, I've had bettas change color from a stress color, to normal colors up to a week later (non-marbles) :)

His color will most likely change though, whether lighter or darker, I can only guess. But he has nice markings.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.