Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2008, 11:23 PM   #1 
Leann_L

losing his scales

Ok so I bought my daughter a betta from petsmart and have had him for almost 2 months. A few days ago I was looking at Rex and noticed a spot on his side by his gills. Didnt pay too much mind to it because I didnt think it was that serious. Well I was wrong because now its all over his side. Its like something is eating away at him. What is it and is there anything I can do? I keep him in a glass fish bowl, use spring water everytime and I change the water once a week. What am I doing wrong?
Leann_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 08:18 AM   #2 
nav2008

pictures? i probably cant personally help you as i have had little experience with anything other than ich and mild fin rot, but i know there are several people here who could help with a diagnosis.
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:43 PM   #3 
stephenmontero

the white dots could be ich can u tell us more about your tank like the temperature and the size please also photos would help us as well
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:54 PM   #4 
Leann_L

i just have him in a round glass fish bowl. the last time i checked the temp on the water last week when i changed it was 78 degrees. i thought it might be ich but he doesnt have white spots on him. it looks like something ate his scales off on one side. it keeps getting worse each day. he didnt eat for 2 days, but now he is acting like his normal self. i will try to post a picture of him
Leann_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #5 
stephenmontero

can u look through this theard and see if anything looks close this will help to

http://www.fishforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=9654
stephenmontero is offline   Reply With Quote