Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #11 
JessSH

I agree with Callistra. Pls try Kanaplex. I bought mine on ebay as a last ditch effort. I was positive I would have to euthanize my little guy & Kanaplex was a miracle. Trust me, I do not use that word lightly! Within 24 hrs of starting treatment he went from refusing to come out of his cave even for food to swimming to the surface for food then hiding again. Within 48 hrs his color was so much brighter & he was clearly so much happier. It's been almost 5 months & he's looking amazing! This is the guy I bought mine from. Good luck! http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Seachem-...item4abf1c6ae3
JessSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:24 PM   #12 
callistra

To clarify you are still doing 100% water changes every other day along with the redosing of this Maracyn Plus med? You didn't just dose once and wait for 5 days right?

If it's that resistant then I would use Kanaplex and Furan 2 together. I have never seen a betta last 2 weeks with fin rot that couldn't be cured.. either it's too aggressive or fast moving and fish go in hours or days or meds should fix it.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:13 PM   #13 
NoPurposeFlour

yup, I followed the instructions on the bottle.

The fin rot was bad before, but as of recently his fins have been disappearing at a very rapid rate. Like most of his tail fin was gone with in two days. I'm afraid that he won't last for the time it would take to get the medicine. But I guess I could give it a shot.
NoPurposeFlour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:38 PM   #14 
Hadoken Kitty

Kanaplex:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...aplex&_sacat=0
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 10:46 PM   #15 
callistra

If it's that fast you probably can't wait for meds online. You can order online but I'd treat with what you can find.

I would treat for two full weeks with what you can find locally.. can you get API meds? If so look for Furan 2 - dose every 24hrs.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:07 AM   #16 
LittleBlueFishlets

If you can't get the API Furan2 that Callistra mentioned -- go to Walmart and get Jungle Fungus Clear.

(Jungle Fungus Clear contains the same two furan meds, along with an oxidizing salt. I used it successfully a few weeks ago when I wasn't able to get the API Furan2.)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #17 
callistra

Good call. Forgot about that.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:21 PM   #18 
shawnee

euthenztion is always tough try one more round of meds
shawnee is offline   Reply With Quote