Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #21 
EvilVOG

Kid across the street was watching them. No idea what happened. I'm not even sure he knew the female was dead when i ran into him while unloading the truck just after getting home. She was dead long enough to really foul the water and the male's tank was sitting empty with clear water.

Will definitely be selling some. There's just over 100 fry. As soon as their eating full size pellets i'll probably start moving them. Going to be careful to leave myself proper breeding stock and show fish this time. Probably also going to send a few to auctions at the spring shows, but there's enough that i'll be selling them all over.

Grandparent got himself stuck in something so i'll consider it unrelated.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 PM   #22 
Option

Well, I for one will definitely buy one off you....looking for a female in particular. So when you're ready to sell please do let me know. :)
Old 01-08-2013, 12:10 AM   #23 
aemaki09

How much would you be selling them for?
I've been considering a giant pair for a while but every one I've seen on AB are imports or not worth the money IMO
Old 01-08-2013, 02:50 PM   #24 
EvilVOG

usually do special pricing for board members. I did $5 each on my last one, but am planning on going to $10 each this round.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #25 
aemaki09

That's definitely fair.
I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread. Would really live to have some :)
Old 01-08-2013, 03:32 PM   #26 
Option

Sounds fair to me as well. So males will be priced the same as females then?
Old 01-08-2013, 04:34 PM   #27 
aemaki09

That's all up to you. If it were me though and I was charging 10 for males, I might do 7 for females, just because non-breeders seem to prefer males and that'll help sell females a little faster. But like I said, they are your fish, and you know their quality a lot better than I do. I've actually talked to thai breeders that say the females are always worth more than males. Personal preferance.
Regaurdless, $10 any type of giant, male or female sounds very fair to me
Old 01-26-2013, 07:35 PM   #28 
EvilVOG

Been hearing lots of interest in these babies, so here's an update.

Price will be at least $10 per fish, but i'm going to be holding back alot of the best ones for shows, and a few for AB as i need to recoup my overhead.

Reds: So far it's looking like there's only going to be one solid red male. I'll be keeping him. And probably a red female or two if there are any. So if you're holding out for reds...

here's my log entries:

1/16 Lost my first today. Was siphoning water from the tub and he must've gotten sucked in, came out dead on the other side. Now feeding entirely dry food with a couple feedings a week being frozen bloodworms or glassworms.

1/21 Starting to worry that this spawn won't end up being "giants" they are only 1-1 1/4" yet, hoping that they will still get to that 3" range thier Aunts and Uncles are. Looking at colors, it seems that there's only one (male at least) that's coming out solid red. The rest have some degree of blue either in thier fins and probably some wash as well. Trying to get them up to eating full size pellets so i can start moving them once the weather breaks. Small tank with the runts seems to be all females save one big fat male.

1/26 The bigger ones are up to 1 1/2", so hopefully they are going to keep getting bigger. Lots of fighting tears, they seem to heal up well, but might have to separate some soon. working on bigger "Jars" to let big males continue to grow in. Grandpa is doing well, but has a large bump in his back where the wound was. Some of them are starting to get eating full size pellets.

Here's the big male from the runt tank:

Grandpa's back injury:

Old 01-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #29 
titolatino1970

nice looking good
Old 01-27-2013, 02:03 PM   #30 
aemaki09

Grandpas looking really good!!
As are the babies.
Closed Thread