Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #11 
Pataflafla

She does try to bark a lot, but I'm working on making it a little less. we're in an apartment so she can't be barking constantly like she wants to. She's a very noisy wrestler too, but if it's during the day, I let her get away with all the grunts and growls she wants. She's still nowhere near as expressive as my parents' Catahoula.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #12 
Pataflafla

So Vanilla has lost all of her canines and most of her other teeth. She's got a few molars left to lose still, but she's on her way to big girl teeth.

I'm thinking she's mostly smooth collie the older she gets. the fringe around her neck is the most compelling though. She's not very fluffy like an Akita or Shiba would be. She's got a relatively thin coat with almost no volume to it.

The little monster got a bath after her doggy park visit since there was a warning about Parvo going around (Parker actually stopped adopting out shortly after I got her because they got hit so bad with it). She's just got one more shot to go, but I don't want to risk anything with her. She's also going to be spayed in February up in Kingman if we get a response. If not then we'll just do it here.
Attached Images

Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #13 
Aleu

Aww cute puppy. Thankbyou for adopting! Akitas can be fluffy. I see akita in her...akita do have shepherd markings. My dog is supposedly catahoula/husky/shepherd. Other people say she is a wolf/coyote mix or carolina dog. Any mutt can have several different breeds in it that may not express themselves every generation so I just say "who knows"! I love how just her tail is brown hehe
Aleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #14 
Pataflafla

Nilla is losing her molars now. She's very upset about this. she's also upset that I'm not letting her frolic in the giant muddy puddle outside because I totally should let her and then not give her a bath because those are terrible.

We'll be going to the dog park later tonight anyway since she hasn't been there in three days because she got sore and Silver did too.

She's still being terribly stubborn with potty training. I've tried treats and playing after she goes potty outside, but she just doesn't want to do it outside. She's rather stand in the sun outside and then come inside to go. She's also very easily distracted and the little kids here won't leave her be when she has to go potty so she doesn't end up going until we go inside to wait until later.

Any advice to help with her stubborn streak? I'm giving her treats immediately after she potties and poops outside, but there's no real improvement with that either. she's very food motivated to, so I don't know what the deal is.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #15 
eemmais

She is adorable!!!! I love her ears! She has such a nice name, too!
eemmais is offline   Reply With Quote