Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 02:17 PM   #21 
rubinthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
My Petsmart carries young, stunted, sickly males with poor tails. The HM's are SELDOM halfmoons and just misslabled Det. The 'dragonscales' are not dragonscales and just normal PK, and the females are all vt. Most of the fish at my petsmart look like a breeders culls, bent spines, bad fins, SUPER thin. I am always wondering where on earth they get them but boy they are sad looking animals. I never buy fish from petsmart and seldom from petco because in MN it's pretty much the same story there. All of the betta they carry are stunted aside from their 'giant's' which are just normal sized betta. HA what a joke and what a ripoff, the giants are not even real giant's, just PK and you have to pay close to $20 for them...no. Both stores are criminal.
This is why I want to start a betta fish rescue. I honestly don't care if other people say that the stores will think the bettas are on demand because the store manager will get a good talking to from me. I will still try to save some of those poor little souls.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 PM   #22 
sainthogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinthebetta View Post
Nope. But I'm guessing most petsmarts are the same...careless, annoying, and have completely no betta fish knowledge.

The petsmart where I got my fish is very clean, keeps great care of all their pets, and are very nice and helpful. Most employees don't really know much about Bettas, but most of them will admit it and that they are simply going off the information given to them in the fact sheets. And many of them are eager to learn more information.
sainthogan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 PM   #23 
rubinthebetta

I am so upset. I'm literally crying over that betta I mentioned earlier, especially since now my mom says I could've rescued him. Well, I'll go back there soon and if he's there, he's mine. And I've already named him Fey.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i no like petsmart, petsmart bad!!!