Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #11 
chardzard

ur wellcome that is summer time + i breed my bettas out doors with is good for groth but too much heat will kill ur spawns ok keep that in mind
chardzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #12 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Where I'm at low is 25-26C and high is 28-29C. On exceptionally hot days water gets to 30C and the ones under direct sun may reach 31C.

To compare experiences, I've never had 100% of one sex. My best is only 90% - first time female during hot season = 90% male. This is my highest percentage of males and I don't always produce this percentage. Fourth time (or more) female during the wet season = 90% female (also my highest for female result). Most often I get a 70-30% male-female during hot season and vise versa during cold season. But the more I breed the female, the less males I get, regardless of temp. (4th time or more female during hot season = around 50-70% females).
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #13 
chardzard

ok that is wat happen to me last year all fish were first time spawns then i respawn them 4 weeks after that so the fish i spawn just before Xmas i'm waiting to see wat % of girls i get right now the hight temp is about 28 with a low of 23-25 at nights but i have read on a site that u can try older females to younger males to get a hight% of males n do it with older males to younger females to get ""% of females but i have never try it couse when i have older females they look like monsters to me lol but i have change how i use to breed bettas so i can try n see later wat happens, so indjo i have some ideas i'll share with u so i do some breeding soon i'll keep ya posted
Old 01-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #14 
norico

Quote:
Originally Posted by chardzard View Post
ur wellcome that is summer time + i breed my bettas out doors with is good for groth but too much heat will kill ur spawns ok keep that in mind
Ok, I keep in mind.

Thank you !
norico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 PM   #15 
norico

Quote:
Originally Posted by indjo View Post
Where I'm at low is 25-26C and high is 28-29C. On exceptionally hot days water gets to 30C and the ones under direct sun may reach 31C.

To compare experiences, I've never had 100% of one sex. My best is only 90% - first time female during hot season = 90% male. This is my highest percentage of males and I don't always produce this percentage. Fourth time (or more) female during the wet season = 90% female (also my highest for female result). Most often I get a 70-30% male-female during hot season and vise versa during cold season. But the more I breed the female, the less males I get, regardless of temp. (4th time or more female during hot season = around 50-70% females).
Wow ! That fantastic parsentage ! I guess I am in Japan, and many may friends worry about this. Maybe our temp. is reall low. That's why I have many female. I like female, but I would like to have male too.

Thank you for your informations !
Old 01-28-2013, 09:51 PM   #16 
norico

Quote:
ok that is wat happen to me last year all fish were first time spawns then i respawn them 4 weeks after that so the fish i spawn just before Xmas i'm waiting to see wat % of girls i get right now the hight temp is about 28 with a low of 23-25 at nights but i have read on a site that u can try older females to younger males to get a hight% of males n do it with older males to younger females to get ""% of females but i have never try it couse when i have older females they look like monsters to me lol but i have change how i use to breed bettas so i can try n see later wat happens, so indjo i have some ideas i'll share with u so i do some breeding soon i'll keep ya posted
Oh, you did breeding last year. I am glad to waiting for your report.

Yes, I did post abotu my older female thread. But I gave up her. When I was in younger male and older famele in my tank. They're fighting, and older female won. Younger male seems fin-rot.

Thank you !
Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #17 
norico

Anyway, do you know female hormone ?
And male has influence for it ?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:18 AM   #18 
chardzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by norico View Post
Anyway, do you know female hormone ?
And male has influence for it ?
no i did not know that part but it make me wonder now , in my steel blue spawn the biggest fish were females now they were in a much cooler part of my yard that spawn all so is part marble so wat i notice was the first marble is female she was the biggest at the time then the other 2 show to be females too so that may be my only spawn where the females have a higher % i keep track of all spawn from june 2010
Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #19 
norico

Quote:
no i did not know that part but it make me wonder now , in my steel blue spawn the biggest fish were females now they were in a much cooler part of my yard that spawn all so is part marble so wat i notice was the first marble is female she was the biggest at the time then the other 2 show to be females too so that may be my only spawn where the females have a higher % i keep track of all spawn from june 2010
Okay, thank you so much !
I see, anyway, how many fry do you have now ?

Thanks,
Old 01-29-2013, 01:00 AM   #20 
chardzard

have 4 spawn from december 7-8 weeks now hopeing for a lot of girls from them, now my big girls r fat with eggs but some r not ready as yet they just got very large so i have to fix them a food to boost them doing water changeing in a few hours at witch time i chose the pairs for spawning it should be 10+ pairs so i post the pic's of each pair n get the guys input on them