Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #1 
Kithy

What do you get from your fish tanks?

I get serenity. I keep my tanks in my bedroom so as I am laying down I can watch them. Nothing is better before bed <3

What do you get? Self satiation from what you have created and maintained? Pride from how amazing it looks? Frustration because it seems if it can go wrong, it will? Despair because you can't get it right? Or are you unsure yet but are soon to find out!

I am very curious how you feel about your tanks. They're definitely not always easy, are they? Some days it seems like even your fish are working against you. There are days when I've felt I should just throw in the towel. Water parameters would not go to normal, SBD, not eating, cloudy water. Sometimes it's more trouble than you think it's worth.

Your experiences? I'm anxious to see how others feel.
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #2 
aemaki09

I get relaxation and entertainment getting to watch all my fish swim around and interact with each other.
And I get to keep myself occupied with maintaining all of them (water changes, trimming/planting/re-planting)

I do feel annoyed on occasion with cloudy water issues and algea, and when I cant get my fish to spawn as easily as I could a horse or dog.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:51 PM   #3 
Hadoken Kitty

I feel very relaxed. I spoil my fish about as much as I do my dog. I always get excited when I read about another tank-mate or plant I can get. Seeing my fish interact with me brings me some peace. It's really relaxing to see the fish swimming around before I go to bed, and it makes me happy to see him greeting me in the morning. Even though I have high anxiety and depression, my fish always seems to make me feel better. (:
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #4 
GoodMorning

they are fun to watch, and definitely exciting to see them swim around.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:52 PM   #5 
Phaydra

Stress relief and and a sense of day to day purpose. I think we all have sense of long term purpose but it's rather nice to know all my fish are waiting to see me come in the room even if it only means they are waiting to get fed. :P
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 AM   #6 
Memphis

I find it entertaining watching the Cories or Kratos being his usual self. And since my tank is in my bedroom, I love the peaceful sound of the water trickling.
Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 AM   #7 
LittleBettaFish

Well if it is a good day in the fish room, I get the joy of watching happy, healthy fish swimming around in their tanks.

It's the satisfaction of knowing that my care is good enough for even my sensitive wild-caught species to thrive. What I like most is seeing the day-to-day life of my fish. Because my pairs live together I have seen everything from the initial courtship right up to my fry hitting maturity in the tank alongside their parents.

If it is a bad day I think they just give me grey hair. There have been times when I wanted to chuck the whole thing in as nothing seemed to be going right. Luckily I have had smooth sailing these past couple of months so I am enjoying the hobby again.

Worse feeling is having a fish die because of something that was completely your fault.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:28 PM   #8 
Kithy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Worse feeling is having a fish die because of something that was completely your fault.
Absolutely :<
Kithy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:32 PM   #9 
Laki

I have my betta tank and my shrimp tank on my working desk for serenity. As a full time student with no money, no job and no social life I feel my pets are my hobby. I take pride in maintaining as natural as possible tanks (but also low maintenance, no NPT setups yet) and I like to watch my fish and their contrasting colors in their environment that I created.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote