Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #8211 
Fishybitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgradowski View Post
I want planted tanks soooo badly. =/

They are an investment, but if you get easy plants. It doesn't cost much to have them. I enjoy my planted tank way more then I did when it had silk plants.

Oh and new scaping and deco!
Attached Images

Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #8212 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishybitty View Post
They are an investment, but if you get easy plants. It doesn't cost much to have them. I enjoy my planted tank way more then I did when it had silk plants.
+1

Love having live plants in my tank. You don't even have to have a "planted" tank in the NPT sense of the word, you could simply have a couple in pots and attached to driftwood, and some floaters, and it'd liven up any tank a heap.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #8213 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

This is Perseus`s 5 gallon Lost City of Atlantis home. He has some live plants, floating up at top is the Anacharis and at the bottom in the left corner is his Banana plant and over to the right is a stem with small leaves of Pennywort and a moss balls. I just put in a new Sunlight bulb 6500K so hoping my plants will do better than they have in the past. I won the Lost City of Atlantis decoration for the best Christmas tank and really love it, I think Perseus does too, he can swim though the windows which I made sure where big enough so he would not get stuck. Perseus says peek-a-boo everybody.
Attached Images

Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #8214 
royal

I love your tank
royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #8215 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Thanks Royal !
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #8216 
fgradowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
+1

Love having live plants in my tank. You don't even have to have a "planted" tank in the NPT sense of the word, you could simply have a couple in pots and attached to driftwood, and some floaters, and it'd liven up any tank a heap.
I'm got some anubias and amazon sword, but I really, really want an NPT. They look so much better! And I really think Vardaman would LOVE one sooo much! He tries to hide in the plants that he has now. I'd just like to do a NPT in bigger tanks. They are only in 3 gallons.
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #8217 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgradowski View Post
I'm got some anubias and amazon sword, but I really, really want an NPT. They look so much better! And I really think Vardaman would LOVE one sooo much! He tries to hide in the plants that he has now. I'd just like to do a NPT in bigger tanks. They are only in 3 gallons.
I've got 3.9 gallon tanks and am attempting kinda-heavily planted aquascapes. Loads of anubias and crypts and a couple of floaters, with tunnels and stuff made out of driftwood (with plants attached) so until you can upgrade, you can play around with the size you've got! Loads of inspiration can be got from searching nano aquascapes, they can be AMAZING!
Old 01-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #8218 
FishyFishy89

Was it Aokashi? Someone had a 2.5 gallon NPT and it was BEAUTIFULLY done!
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:45 PM   #8219 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Was it Aokashi? Someone had a 2.5 gallon NPT and it was BEAUTIFULLY done!
I'm not sure who it was... Fairly sure there have been more than a few wonderfully done small NPTs on here! Really inspirational.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:48 PM   #8220 
fgradowski

WHOA. Totally going to go drool over some nano aquascapes now....
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquarium, arteries, arteriestagiscreepnmeout, do the harlem shake!!!, dyingoflaughteroverhere, glory werz here!:b, lols, macgyver was here, tank