Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #11 
Vizja13

Definitely use the DIY, I bought a divider and it failed the first night I had it...nearly lost one of the fish. DIY is easy, looks a lot better, and quite frankly, is cheaper.

I use a Whisper 10 filter in mine, the side across from it gets a bit of a protein buildup, but I have a voracious bubblenester (probably comes from having a female in the other half...) so he keeps it stirred up pretty well. When he doesn't I just disturb the surface by hand.

I'm no expert on water changes, and have a completely different bioload, so I'm not the one to ask on that :) Just putting in my two cents from my divided 10.
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #12 
Marvelous1

I've had my 10g divided for a couple of years and this is the best set up I've found. The filter and heater are between the dividers. I did have one of the guys get between the dividers but the current was too strong for him to get out the other side so I avoided a fight there.

I have a whisper filter in there and it does fine. I do 30-50% water change weekly, but I only have real plants in there so they help a lot. My gravel vac broke but I mainly used it to siphon water. I did once suck up my half moon. He survived just fine for several months after, but I was really sick about it.

I've never tried to make a divider so I can't speak to how they work
Attached Images

Marvelous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 PM   #13 
Vizja13

Uhm, Marvelous, can I just say that I freaking love you? Spiderman plus that amazing tank background...just asdfghjkl. Two of my four bettas are named after Marvel characters; Cap (Captain America) and Alexei (Alexei Shostakov/Red Guardian)

That was soooo off topic...sorry
Vizja13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 gal, divider, filter