Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #11 
LittleBlueFishlets

Great pictures! They're both so pretty.

My male VT hates bloodworms. My female VT loves them. Then again, she'll eat just about anything - including my finger when I reached in there to adjust her hammock. (We both jumped!)

Both of mine like music, too. Have you tried singing to yours? Mine get all excited. They don't care WHAT I sing, or HOW I sing, just that I'm making noises at them. LOL

How's Vardaman's fin doing?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #12 
fgradowski

Var's fin is looking much better. It's no longer red and bleeding. I've been treating him with aq salt and changing his water everyday. I'm not sure that his fins will ever be tear free, but at least he is healing up! His gimpy fin is also starting to grow. It is growing in a dark blue color. I think now I will just add stress coat to the water to help his fins grow.
fgradowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #13 
fgradowski

I haven't updated this for a while. Been busy at school.
I have added to the family. Algernon has a tiger nerite snail friend now. His name is Squidward. It took him a few hours to stop flaring at him, but now they are buds. Al was even sleeping by Squid the other day.
Vardaman is tearing up his fins like always! They've turned a more green color rather than the blue they were. He's my problem child!
Vardaman will be getting a moss cave added to his tank sometime in February.
Algernon will be getting a driftwood/moss tree around the same time. I can never seem to find any moss at the local stores though!
And now I am going to photo spam!
Attached Images

Old 02-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #14 
fgradowski

I have to share a story about Algernon. It's absolutely HYSTERICAL!
The other day he was chilling right next to Squidward. I decided to snap a picture and post it to my instagram. I captioned it about how they are buds now. Just after I uploaded it Al started flaring at Squid. I yelled at him and he stopped, but not before spitting a piece of snail poop out right on top of Squidward! What a dork! Snail poop is not food. Best part? I just watched him do it again! When will he learn?
Old 02-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #15 
fgradowski

So...I pretty much give up on trying to grow back Vardaman's tail. As soon as it starts to grow back he goes and bites it off. Today it was while I was cleaning his tank and he was in the holding cup. He actually split it where it should be split too. He's a full on double tail right now. (He was always a double tail, but it hadn't split properly) He angers me so much! He's so beautiful when he has full fins. He doesn't want to be pretty. Darn fish.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #16 
dramaqueen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgradowski View Post
I have to share a story about Algernon. It's absolutely HYSTERICAL!
The other day he was chilling right next to Squidward. I decided to snap a picture and post it to my instagram. I captioned it about how they are buds now. Just after I uploaded it Al started flaring at Squid. I yelled at him and he stopped, but not before spitting a piece of snail poop out right on top of Squidward! What a dork! Snail poop is not food. Best part? I just watched him do it again! When will he learn?
Silly fish. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #17 
fgradowski

Just some pictures of my boys. Nothing too exciting happened today.
Attached Images

Old 02-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #18 
fgradowski

I fed Algernon a tiny piece of my left over steak last night. He wouldn't leave me alone! I'm surprised he didn't spit it out.
His fins have curled up a little at the ends recently. Yesterday he was swimming up to say hi to me and he got stuck on the java moss on his tree. Poor little guy. I don't know if it is possible to uncurl fins.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #19 
fgradowski

Just wanted to post some more pictures of my boys. Vardaman did not want his picture taken today!

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  43.0 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Size:  38.8 KB

Name:  005.jpg
Size:  41.5 KB

Name:  007.jpg
Size:  50.5 KB