Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #41 
Unity

great starter guide! Thanks!
Unity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #42 
schell0385

Thank you for this list. I have had my Betta for a couple of months and he is thriving in his 10 gallon tank. I have live plants in it too and he likes those. Now that he is doing so well I want him to have some company. I love colorful fun fish. I would really like to add some shrimp - if I knew I he would not eat them....I know they are pricey and I would hate to have them eaten for food.
I really LOVE frogs.....would you know what kind of frogs I could add and how big they should be??
Would the tank need to be completely closed at the top - I am not sure if they are escape artists????
Again my tank is 10 gallons. If I were to add 2 shrimp and one frog would that be tooooo much for the environment? I would really like to have two of each, but I do not to overload my happy tank.

Thank you - the list is great!
schell0385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 PM   #43 
yoitsjode

Does this compatibility thread go for male bettas or female bettas? I have a 55gal tank I would love to have a community in. I have a lot of plants and rocks and 1 male vt.
yoitsjode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:45 AM   #44 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
Okay... one weird thing... one site i read said angelfish 'are the ideal tankmates for bettas'. >.<

dont want to act stupid here, but why serpae tetras on that list? i know theyre somewhat fin nippers but my friend has some and i've always seen them as docile fish.

and swordtails on the "sometimes"?they are one of the basic tankmates for bettas in almost every resource you'd find.
fishy314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #45 
fishy314

Location: I wonder how long and boring this location can be before bettafish.com makes me stop typing this sen
and WHY was this bumped?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:47 AM   #46 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Wow, looking back what an awful list. xD Even I agreed with it at one point but that's when I knew nothing about fish.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #47 
yoitsjode

Who do you think are good tank mates for my male vt in a 55 or a 30 gal. depending on which tank I put him in
yoitsjode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:27 PM   #48 
fishy314

cory cats, swordtails, platys, maybe a pleco
Old 01-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #49 
fishy314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Wow, looking back what an awful list. xD Even I agreed with it at one point but that's when I knew nothing about fish.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah. :/
Old 01-29-2013, 04:23 PM   #50 
thekoimaiden
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoitsjode View Post
Who do you think are good tank mates for my male vt in a 55 or a 30 gal. depending on which tank I put him in
It's going to depend on his personality, but harlequin rasbora are good. Some of the more thick-bodied and gentle tetra like X-ray teta, glowlight tetra, and head and tail light tetra are also pretty good. Just make sure you have large enough groups of these fish (10+) to keep any fighting within the group. They will also display their best colors in large numbers. Cory cats and otos are good. Kuhli loaches also work.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote