Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #1 
BarefootPixie
Member
 
BarefootPixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Oberon's brand new tank!

I just moved Oberon from his old 1.5 to a 2.5. Fake Mopani driftwood, 1 fake plant, 1 real java fern and 4 real water wisteria stems. I'm thinking about maybe adding some anubias or a Marimo ball, what do you guys think?

BarefootPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:32 PM   #2 
AlphaBetta1
Member
 
AlphaBetta1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
That's a nice tank! You might want to get a lid or hood to prevent him jumping. Also, does the heater need to be fully submerged? I love the Wisteria, I think it's the same kind as mine; Hygrophilia Difformis. Anubias would be a great edition. Again, lovely tank!
AlphaBetta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #3 
BarefootPixie
Member
 
BarefootPixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaBetta1 View Post
That's a nice tank! You might want to get a lid or hood to prevent him jumping. Also, does the heater need to be fully submerged? I love the Wisteria, I think it's the same kind as mine; Hygrophilia Difformis. Anubias would be a great edition. Again, lovely tank!
I'm actually going today to see if they have a hood and some anubias at Petsmart. They were out of both at Petco when I got the tank. I'm pretty sure the heater wasn't supposed to be fully submerged, I usually have the little light just above the water level.
BarefootPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:50 PM   #4 
Caii
New Member
 
Caii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Near San Antonio, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootPixie View Post
I'm actually going today to see if they have a hood and some anubias at Petsmart. They were out of both at Petco when I got the tank. I'm pretty sure the heater wasn't supposed to be fully submerged, I usually have the little light just above the water level.
I got my anubias nana plant from PetSmart- relatively inexpensive for a plant and they should have it! ^^
Your tank looks beautiful! I'm sure Oberon's very happy

Last edited by Caii; 01-29-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Caii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #5 
tekkguy
Member
 
tekkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
I love these little 2.5's at Petco. I'd second the Anubias ... one of my favorite plants!
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:59 PM   #6 
Otterfun
Member
 
Otterfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Like
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #7 
Kbud
New Member
 
Kbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NY State (not the city)
Sweet pad! Oberon will love it! Is anubias easy to grow?
Kbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:43 PM   #8 
tekkguy
Member
 
tekkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbud View Post
Sweet pad! Oberon will love it! Is anubias easy to grow?
Has been for me, but it grows pretty slowly (at least in my experience).
tekkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:51 PM   #9 
Kbud
New Member
 
Kbud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NY State (not the city)
Oh... I should google it...
Kbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:59 PM   #10 
BarefootPixie
Member
 
BarefootPixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caii View Post
I got my anubias nana plant from PetSmart- relatively inexpensive for a plant and they should have it! ^^
Your tank looks beautiful! I'm sure Oberon's very happy
They didn't have any good anubias nana in the small size so I got 2 anubias congensis and replaced the fake plant with them. Also I've added a couple ghost shrimp. Oberon's chased them a bit but hasn't actually made a move to bite them or anything so I would consider that a success!
BarefootPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anubias, java fern, new tank, plants, water wisteria

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RIP Oberon MissRockyHorror Betta Memorials 3 07-05-2012 06:46 PM
My new boy oberon Moshann Betta Pictures 5 08-19-2011 02:19 PM
Oberon MissRockyHorror Betta Pictures 0 07-06-2011 03:10 AM
Oberon and Arc'en MissRockyHorror Betta Chat 0 07-06-2011 02:57 AM
Oberon MissRockyHorror Betta Chat 0 06-28-2011 12:58 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.