Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #11 
inveritas
Member
 
inveritas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Thanks!

I mean, they can pretty much make a "U" shape with their bodies with out straining themselves, right?
Yes! You should take a look at betta spawning videos on YouTube (although I doubt they're as flexible regularly, they are very good at squeezing through tight spaces)!
inveritas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #12 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by inveritas View Post
Yes! You should take a look at betta spawning videos on YouTube (although I doubt they're as flexible regularly, they are very good at squeezing through tight spaces)!
Oh yeah, I forgot about breeding! lol. Thanks!
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:31 AM   #13 
deso
Member
 
deso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Paris, France
I actually have the same exact ceramic cave from the same eBay seller in my boy's quarantine/extra tank. Unless you're planning to get a giant, I think it'll be fine for all but the largest male bettas.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #14 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
I actually have the same exact ceramic cave from the same eBay seller in my boy's quarantine/extra tank. Unless you're planning to get a giant, I think it'll be fine for all but the largest male bettas.
Oh great! Good to know! Thank you so much. I'm glad someone has the same one lol

So you think it is fine for any betta that isn't a king or larger?

Last edited by finnfinnfriend; 01-30-2013 at 08:05 PM.
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #15 
FishFriend9292
New Member
 
FishFriend9292's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
It's made for a ciclid, so I think it will be fine.
FishFriend9292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #16 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFriend9292 View Post
It's made for a ciclid, so I think it will be fine.
Thats true, but I think there are cichlids that are smaller then bettas...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 AM   #17 
deso
Member
 
deso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Paris, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Oh great! Good to know! Thank you so much. I'm glad someone has the same one lol

So you think it is fine for any betta that isn't a king or larger?
Yup! Should be fine.

And you're correct in saying that there are some cichlids that are the same size or even smaller than an ordinary adult male betta. I guess the cave was originally meant for them.
deso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:11 AM   #18 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by deso View Post
Yup! Should be fine.

And you're correct in saying that there are some cichlids that are the same size or even smaller than an ordinary adult male betta. I guess the cave was originally meant for them.
Yeah but I guess that's just fine because the cave was meant for a fish that's about the same size (I guess give or take a bit) as a betta! :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cave question Miss Mila Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories 3 09-08-2008 10:22 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.