Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #1 
Zoetrooper

Omigosh New Betta!

So. I got my second betta today. The petstore I got him from really screams dishonesty to me. It's in the way they talk to me and try to upsell when they really have a bad selection that is horribly overpriced. The good petstore has been jerking me around as well though, they have told me when they were getting new bettas in several times in the last few weeks only to show up and the order not be there.

I went with the greater evil I guess because I was tired of showing up to nothing at the other store.

Anyways, new betta looks a little rough around the edges, but with any luck in a few weeks he will be right as rain. The lady at the petstore said his stomach was distended because he just ate an hour ago. >,> Snotface's stomach doesn't bulge like this when I feed him.

Anyways! The new betta is sitting in some clean water in a little quarantine for a few weeks until I think he's healthy and can hang out in the main tank.

Now Snotface has someone to look at. ^_^ YAY!

As he is a new fish if anyone spots some worry areas let me know and I'll bring him over to the illness section of the forums, I am keeping my eye on him though.
Zoetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM   #2 
waterdog

He does look like he has had a rough time of it. I bet he will respond to the good home you have given him and be right as rain one day.

I too hate the way some pet stores are. There are some I will never go to again no matter what they have!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #3 
Newbettamommy13

He's beautiful! Love his coloring! Other than what you mentioned, he seems fine.
Newbettamommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:29 PM   #4 
Skyrocket Moon

I'm a little worried that gill on the first photo looks cut. It also looks like his eye is larger than normal. His fins look good but he may have some pop eye from the lazyness of that petstore. I would post him up on sick thread but pop eye looks pretty minor probably just a small pinch of aquarium salt will help him out.
Skyrocket Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #5 
xShainax

Looks like he did eat a few hours before. My betta's are pigs and get big bellies
xShainax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:35 PM   #6 
aemaki09

Ehh, some crowntails have stomachs like that. one of mine looks horribly bloated 24/7 regaurdless of if I fast him or not. Nothing to worry about too much, just something in the CT's genetics.

He's very pretty though! I love the pink!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #7 
Zoetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
He does look like he has had a rough time of it. I bet he will respond to the good home you have given him and be right as rain one day.

I too hate the way some pet stores are. There are some I will never go to again no matter what they have!
Ugg. There was one betta there that had bloody ragged bits of something laying at the bottom of his little bowl. But thank you, I hope he looks better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbettamommy13 View Post
He's beautiful! Love his coloring! Other than what you mentioned, he seems fine.
I hope he grows into it and becomes more colourful. Oh yes. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrocket Moon View Post
I'm a little worried that gill on the first photo looks cut. It also looks like his eye is larger than normal. His fins look good but he may have some pop eye from the lazyness of that petstore. I would post him up on sick thread but pop eye looks pretty minor probably just a small pinch of aquarium salt will help him out.
Thank you! I have posted him up in the emergencies forum. Hopefully they can come up with ideas for me. I may do the AQ salt, but going to wait to see what some of the others say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xShainax View Post
Looks like he did eat a few hours before. My betta's are pigs and get big bellies
My GFs bettas get pretty big bellies too. Hehehe. Snotface is always lean and trim, I actually worry if I feed him enough sometimes, but he doesn't look emaciated either so he must be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
Ehh, some crowntails have stomachs like that. one of mine looks horribly bloated 24/7 regaurdless of if I fast him or not. Nothing to worry about too much, just something in the CT's genetics.

He's very pretty though! I love the pink!
Me too. ^_^ It's a very lightish pink, almost white and that's what I liked about him.

On that note, what should I name him? GASP!
Zoetrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #8 
rubinthebetta

How about Mangsa? (Malay for survivor)
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #9 
Skyrocket Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubinthebetta View Post
How about Mangsa? (Malay for survivor)
Malay, where is that from?
And that sounds like a perfect name for him! :)
Skyrocket Moon is offline   Reply With Quote