Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #16361 
dramaqueen
Banned

OMG I can't believe the ignorance of people! I'm so sorry, BettaHeart that crap like that happened to you.This isn't the50s and 60s for crying out loud! People here are very prejudiced, questioning my friend from Colorado because of his dark skin. That stuff just burns my butt! I think it's 5he reason I've made very few friends here. I don't have dark hair or skin but I have a Spanish last name. Of course, some idiots think my name is Italian so I guess that's good in a way. People around here think that if you're Mexican then you're definitely here illegally. Idiots.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #16362 
BettaHeart

It really made me feel less then crap considering before he said that I returned his wallet which he left on the bus stop bench as I was heading downtown for a dr appt. sigh... he just better becareful with that way of thinking because he is going to meet someone who will not be as kind as I am..... the only thing I can do is forgive him for his ignorance.

It started snowing this morning, sometimes its ok it gives me a good workout pushing the stroller through the snow when ronin and i go for a walk but there are days when i wish i had a vehicle. Cooking and watching "Lost Tapes" on youtube
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 AM   #16363 
Fishybitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso1011 View Post
I am happy to hear that you have lost weight. It seems like you are on the right track with drinking more water and eating less. I would really like to enlighten you with some information on artificial sweeteners. Something that may help you achieve healthier weight loss is if you cut out artificial sweeteners.

The human body treats artificial sweeteners pretty much the same way it treats regular, processed sugar. The only exception is that the body doesn't receive the calories from the artificial sweeteners and may try to compensate or overcompensate for the missing calories.

Sweets cause cravings for sweets. Certain artificial sweeteners are so much sweeter than actual sugar and may increase cravings for sweets. Another thing that concerns me are the studies showing that the use of artificial sweeteners may lead to metabolic syndrome.

I understand that it is difficult to cut out sodas and that a diet soda may be a temporary fix, but it may be wiser to test out healthier option. One example is water infused with natural fruit or mint. Another good example would be tea that is sweetened with a low glycemic index sweetener such as honey or agave nectar.

Sorry for the lecture. You can flame me if you wish. I just wanted to throw out some options that may be healthier and may produce more desirable weight loss. If you like I can pm you some academic links.

No I hear you, I am using diet to completely wean myself off of pop. I got so addicted I had a pop in my hand every minute. I am doing well. I have like one diet a day. Sometimes not even that. I just figured it is a start. (I got a water in my hand now )
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:05 AM   #16364 
ThePearlFish

I have my first head cold (or any cold) in more than 3 years.. I GUESS it couldn't have lasted.. >:/
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #16365 
Sparrowhawk

Not a rant, really, but... I'm terrified. I have made the decision to finally quit smoking after seven years of being a pack-a-day girl, and with my stress levels, it's more than daunting, it's scary as all heck. My aim is to quit within the next two weeks. I need to do it for the sake of my health, my partner's (we're quitting together) and my wallet. But I don't know if I can do it. >.<
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #16366 
FishyFishy89

Good for you Sparrow!!! Just take it slow. Don't go cold turkey. That's how most people fail quickly. Slowly wean yourself. Start with half a pack a day, then after a month go down to 1/4 pack a day, and reduce each month. Try some quick stress reducing exercises too. If a certain someone is pissing you off. Picture them with a monkey on their head. Something to make you laugh or take a deep breath.

My husband is trying to quit dipping. So far he's down to 1-2 cans a week. He used to use a whole can everyday.

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 01-30-2013 at 10:07 AM.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 AM   #16367 
ThePearlFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrowhawk View Post
Not a rant, really, but... I'm terrified. I have made the decision to finally quit smoking after seven years of being a pack-a-day girl, and with my stress levels, it's more than daunting, it's scary as all heck. My aim is to quit within the next two weeks. I need to do it for the sake of my health, my partner's (we're quitting together) and my wallet. But I don't know if I can do it. >.<
Great Sparrowhawk! I can really understand how terrifying this situation must be for you.

It is not exactly the same, but since smoking can be considered something one's body starts to depend on, I just wanted to share to you a story of mine, since I can relate.

I used to be on a medicine for anxiety and depression and though I hate to call myself "addicted" to the medicine, once I decided I wanted to get off, I decided to go cold turkey. Boy, that was a HORRIBLE 1- almost 2 weeks of my life! I was a BEAR going through bad withdrawal symptoms and it kinda messed with my brain a little. It was kinda a scary experience for me too. When my psychiatrist found out he was like "You have to WEAN yourself off!" OOPS... Soo, despite me not wanting to get back on my full dose, I did and slowly weaned myself off. It went A LOT better that time. And I have been med. free ever since and I love it this way!

Anyways, I'm not trying to scare you further, but was just was trying to say take it slow, everyone is different when if comes to how their body reacts to coming off something they have been dependent on for a while, and good luck!! HUGS! :) I'm here for you if you ever need anything. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My rant- two 1st exams in my classes coming up in the next couple days that I have to study for today. >.< It is too gloomy outside too...>:/
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:34 AM   #16368 
BettaHeart

Congrats Sparrowhawk all it takes is pure determination and the acceptance of the choice to not smoke anymore
Its been 15 years since my last cigarette, quit cold turkey, i wasnt a heavy smoker then, i started when i was 17 and quit a year later, it made me feel gross and hurt my lungs to the point every breath felt like a giant hand would squeeze my chest.
Im so glad you have made the decision to improve your health.

Nothing is Impossible
Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #16369 
BettaHeart

To everyone who wants positive change :

The process of goal accomplishment, like most things in life begins with a decision. You decide what you want to achieve and then you plan how you intend to achieve it. If accomplishing your goal is important to you, your inability to make crucial decisions about what you should do, how you should do it and when you should do it, will waste your time and choke your dream. Make up your mind and stop second-guessing yourself. When your mind is made up nothing can stop you from making progress with fulfilling your goals.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:57 PM   #16370 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good for you, Sparrowhawk! You can do it!!!
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bettathanyou