Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 03:41 PM   #1 
pittipuppylove

The Betta Shop - Saint Paul, MN

Have any of you guys been to The Betta Shop in Saint Paul, MN? I may be headed up to the Twin Cities in the near future to visit some family, and am really interested in checking out a betta-specific shop. Their website looks like they have some really nice looking fish and have good reviews, but it's always good to hear of first-hand experiences.

Any other good fish stores to check out if I'm in Minneapolis/St. Paul?
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #2 
mplsmommy

Ask LadyVictoria. She just got her new plakat boy from there and he looks amazing. I haven't personally gone, even though it's 20 mins away from my house. I would definitely walk out with another fish!
mplsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:41 AM   #3 
Fishybitty

That is awesome, wish there was a betta shop around here! Lucky
Fishybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #4 
GoodMorning

It is a nice little shop, the owner is really nice, great customer service. They've just recently moved downstairs from upstairs, so the place may look incomplete, but it is really a nice place. They also have guppies and neons last time i was there. I believe there are also two more betta shops in that area, although one of them is closed if i remembered correctly.

You can also check out a place called AquaTropics, too, if you have time.
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #5 
Myates

Love that place! Just placed in another order this morning :D
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:02 PM   #6 
LadyVictorian

They just got a new shipment in that everyone is snatching up the fish already. I love that place, it's the only place I'm getting my fish for now on. They are healthy and active and displayed very well. Every betta looks very beautiful, the picking a fish will be so hard. Right now I'm fighting if I want a white or black HMPK xD They also have other fish like guppies, and even red shrimp which I am certainly getting at some point.

I got my last boy from there and he's a real catch, planning on breeding him this summer once I get him a girl and thinking of getting some other breeding worthy males as well. Copernicus was great and ate the second day I had him without question. He wanted to eat the first day honestly but I didn't want him eating until he was settled in. Haven't had a single issue with him, he's flashy and loves showing off, was kind of skittish at first but now is very friendly and bold, and has a healthy curiosity. The service is great too and the shop owner will talk to you about betta until the sun goes down. Both he and his wife are very helpful and if you go in there knowing what you want they can find it for you or even place an order for it. Told them I loved halfmoons but didn't like the tailbitting that tend to come with them at times. He took me right to HMPK's and said this was certainly the tailtype I was wanting then. He was totally right, never liked PK until Capy but now i'm hooked on them. It's going to be hard getting back into the big flashy tails again, these guys are so entertaining.

You can view their new shipments here: http://www.mnbettashop.com/

Get an idea what the fish are like and what the store is like.

Also here is my baby I got from there:

Day I picked him up.

4 days after and still full of energy.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #7 
pittipuppylove

Thanks everybody! It really means a lot to hear good things about a fish store from people who know what they're talking about (not that the testamonials on their site are from people who don't, but you never know...). I'll definately have to go there when we visit - if my sister is going to spend most of the time doing her thing shopping for clothes and shoes, I see no reason that I can't spend at least some of my time checking out fish LV, your new boy looks amazing!
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #8 
LadyVictorian

Thanks, I am going back for girls either this week or next shipment too.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #9 
Myates

Luckily Tony called me.. had sent him my order prior to opening lol. Got a pure black male HMPK, Pure white male HMPK and a bunch of girls on this latest order!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #10 
LadyVictorian

NICE, I saw some of those guys in the video. Really wanted a black and a white myself.