Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 11:41 AM   #11 
bettaisbetter

Oh, yeah... The spacing seems to be about 12mm. Beaver dam. :\ I'll just try to get some mesh if I do get to that route. Thank you so much for all the help! Now all I need to do is actually get the mouse. lol
bettaisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #12 
September

Good luck!! I had a time convincing my mom, as she was terrified. We were on vacation in Michigan, though, so I had that going to my advantage-she was relaxed and happy.

Hope to see mouse pics very soon ;)
September is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #13 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
I like mice. they're kinda cute in my opinion :D *makes mew noises* xD
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:59 PM   #14 
finnfinnfriend

OMG I want a black and white male mouse too! I fell in LOVE with one at Petco but the bf said nono :(
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 PM   #15 
thekinetic

Everytime I go to the petsmart I look at the mice, there's always a pair in there running each other upside down on the wheel!X3 Unfortunatly it's the same reason my mom won't let me have rats or mice, she doesn't like them. Heck it took some convincing to get her to let me get a hamster.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 AM   #16 
Maddybelle

I got a huge bag of aspen shavings at Petco for $6-7, wheel was $3 at Walmart, water bottle was $2 at Pet Supplies Plus, and I made my own cage, hammocks, nest boxes, and buy food ingredients in bulk at PSP and mix it up at home. I miss having mice, but I love my hamster. He's much more social and cuddly. I make all my own rodent cages, toys, etc. Saves quite a bit of money! For my hamster's cage, I used a 30gallon tub I got at Walmart for $10. I also use 1/2 in wire mesh for ventilation. The holes were too small for my mice to get through: no matter how small the gap was, my mice would always get through the bars in a cage that had them. They can flatten their skull horizontally, which is how they get into and out of such tight spaces.
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:51 AM   #17 
BettaHeart

i have five females, Sylvia, Amber, Prissy, Squint, and their mother Momma, all are a dark fawn color, they have their own 30gal with wheel, tunnels, water bottle, chew toys, acouple ladders and a ball they take turns in . thefunmouse site is great to get information and i love love love CreekValleyCritters's stu, mattie quasi(rip) alot of definite have to watch videos including raising baby mice.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:49 AM   #18 
Indigo Betta

Smile

Oh my gosh, he sounds so sweet, I love mice (I don't understand how people can be scared of them)

So nearly got one, but I was warned they can smell a bit and because I would need to have the cage in my bedroom it put me off a bit.

Anyway, just wanted to wish you luck with your new pet. Please post some pictures when you get him and let us know how it goes.
Indigo Betta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #19 
bettaisbetter

I went to Petsmart yesterday again, he was still there. Dad says I can't get him because we have to get a cage, food, accessories, etc. It seems like he thinks it's too much work to well, buy stuff. lol I'm still trying..

I really think it's meant to be. I saw a house mouse this morning when I woke up, certain pests field mice are. In school, science was about adaptations and there was a mouse. And third, there's a book I saw today about a mouse who gets help from rats since her son is sick with pneumonia. :\
bettaisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #20 
BettaHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettaisbetter View Post
I went to Petsmart yesterday again, he was still there. Dad says I can't get him because we have to get a cage, food, accessories, etc. It seems like he thinks it's too much work to well, buy stuff. lol I'm still trying..

I really think it's meant to be. I saw a house mouse this morning when I woke up, certain pests field mice are. In school, science was about adaptations and there was a mouse. And third, there's a book I saw today about a mouse who gets help from rats since her son is sick with pneumonia. :\

the book is secret of nimh? lol i love that book.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote