Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2013, 07:30 PM   #21 
Kwomais

Is there a Petland near you? My Petland ALWAYS seems to have corys swimming around.
Kwomais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #22 
Syriiven

There is, but I don't think I'll trust any petLand ever again. I got two betta from them in the worst condition I've ever seen. managed to save them, but they treat their fish like &*%* and I havent heard good things about others in my province. I'm in Alberta.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #23 
Kwomais

Sorry to hear that! I'm in BC and the petland near me has a manager in the aquatics department who really knows her stuff and cares for the animals, so I guess I just lucked out in my area.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #24 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwomais View Post
Is there a Petland near you? My Petland ALWAYS seems to have corys swimming around.
Yes but then the lil fish would need to be quarantined for a time in another tank. The Petland near me has them but I do not trust that they will not bring home a nasty bug and destroy my current pets. I may be overly careful right now but I would choose the Big Als on 32nd, they have them too and much less likely have a problem. A pet store is just like hospital for humans... it is where the diseases live. Some stores have better reps than others in my hood. Rant off.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #25 
Syriiven

Possibly. I think I might luck out with come cories in PetSmart in Calgary, just don't know if they'll have panda cories or not. OMGOSH I could call them and ask!

Anyone know if panda cories would survive an 8 hour trip? And if I should introduce tehm first? Or the girls first?

And what do they eat and how do I stop the girls from eating it??
Old 01-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #26 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
Yes but then the lil fish would need to be quarantined for a time in another tank. The Petland near me has them but I do not trust that they will not bring home a nasty bug and destroy my current pets. I may be overly careful right now but I would choose the Big Als on 32nd, they have them too and much less likely have a problem. A pet store is just like hospital for humans... it is where the diseases live. Some stores have better reps than others in my hood. Rant off.
I could qt them in the 10g under the table, though if I need individual qt's for each...that might be a problem. Only have like...four qt tanks, maybe five if sylvannas is accepted into the sorority. And I was looking and it said cories should be kept in groups of six.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #27 
Kwomais

Lol I quarantine everything anyways, so I don't mind petstores, provided the staff are knowledgeable and appear to genuinely CARE about the animals. The quarantine fanaticism is because I worked as a Vet assistant for a number of years and am now at the tail end of a nursing degree... I know AAAALL about nasty diseases lol. (And just because it came from a breeder doesn't mean it's disease free, just a higher likelihood that it is)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #28 
Syriiven

Then maybe I ought to get the cories at a later date...besides, I'll already be full of fish and fish stuff. And I don't want to introduce a bug to the whole tank D=
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #29 
Syriiven

Oh dear, I've no idea what wattage of heater to get for a 29g. Is a 50watt adjustable too small?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #30 
Kwomais

I have a funny feeling that it is...