Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #11 
carbonxxkidd

I have cabomba, wisteria, anubais, amazon sword, frogbit, duckweed, anacharis narrow leaf, a small crypt, giant hygro, bacopa caroliniana, subwassertang, java moss, hornwort, and a few other clippings (guppy grass, java fern) in my 5 gallon...I love it and so does my fish!

carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:46 PM   #12 
Laki

Wow. That tank is SO nice!! How do you keep it looking so nice when you need to vacuum? My tank is just a mess. lol
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #13 
carbonxxkidd

It's pretty new, only set it up a couple weeks ago. It's a NPT, so I have only done water only changes...so far it's doing great :)
Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 PM   #14 
Lizdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunlight View Post
Hey Lizdu just want to ask how is your betta? I know you had problem with yours previous bettas to survive. So just want to make sure the new one is ok:)
Thanks for asking! He is doing great!!! Definitely had to have been PetSmart's breeder. I bought this little guy from PSP, and he's a joy!
Lizdu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #15 
Lizdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
I have cabomba, wisteria, anubais, amazon sword, frogbit, duckweed, anacharis narrow leaf, a small crypt, giant hygro, bacopa caroliniana, subwassertang, java moss, hornwort, and a few other clippings (guppy grass, java fern) in my 5 gallon...I love it and so does my fish!

Definitely what I'd like mine to look like. For some reason, it looks like my anubia is dying. The tank has LED lights, and I don't think they are helping. I just don't think I can replace them with a different light.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #16 
carbonxxkidd

If you can switch them out, it'll help. I have another 5 gallon that came with LED lights (kit from Walmart) and the only thing I have in there is a marimo ball, hornort (that won't grow even though it goes nuts in my other tanks) and some pothos pieces. If that's the tank you have, you almost need to buy a new hood for it because there's really no way to switch out he light. I have a compact fluorescent 6500K bulb on my NPT and it definitely grows stuff! My anubais is kind of iffy, two of it's leaves are damaged and yellowing but they were like that when I got it, not sure if I should remove those leaves or not so I just left them for now...
Old 01-31-2013, 07:35 AM   #17 
sunlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizdu View Post
Thanks for asking! He is doing great!!! Definitely had to have been PetSmart's breeder. I bought this little guy from PSP, and he's a joy!
Wow i am glad!!! I thought it something with your water. I can't believe that store has all there bettas sick. I feel bad for all other people who buying ....and trying to figure out what wrong. You had 5 bettas in the row died. It so sad. I am happy for you though:) I hope he will continue doing great!

sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:39 AM   #18 
Lizdu

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbonxxkidd View Post
If you can switch them out, it'll help. I have another 5 gallon that came with LED lights (kit from Walmart) and the only thing I have in there is a marimo ball, hornort (that won't grow even though it goes nuts in my other tanks) and some pothos pieces. If that's the tank you have, you almost need to buy a new hood for it because there's really no way to switch out he light. I have a compact fluorescent 6500K bulb on my NPT and it definitely grows stuff! My anubais is kind of iffy, two of it's leaves are damaged and yellowing but they were like that when I got it, not sure if I should remove those leaves or not so I just left them for now...

That's how my anubias is. Some of the leaves are yellowing, and when I got it, they were all beautiful and green. I definitely need to look into getting a new hood to fit.