Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-26-2013, 03:41 PM   #11 
callistra

Cup him in something like a plastic solo cup or if you still have it the little plastic container he may have come in.
Empty and rinse his bowl.
Run the tap with thermometer under it to match his normal tank water.
Refill tank and add conditioner - stir it up a bit.
Float him in the tank in the cup, adding a couple tablespoons of the new water every 10min for an hour then release
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #12 
sainthogan

You can keep using the bloodworms as a treat once or twice a week, that way he'll still get them since he loves them so much.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #13 
Oldfishlady

If you are going to do the natural treatment-I would premix your treatment water to use for partial water changes-leaving him in the QT-this will limit stress and accident with osmotic shock. (see my first post)

After doing a bit of research-I don't think freeze dried foods are as bad as we once thought, however, I am in the middle of an experiment-feeding only FD blood worms to a Betta-I am in week 2 and so far I haven't had any issues.
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:24 PM   #14 
bettachon

Hi Everyone!

thanks again for your help this weekend. Chon is looking much better although not 100% recovered. He seemed to respond well to the salt, and his color is slowly changing back to the bright blues and reds although he's still a tad dull. The white spots are also disappearing. He's also back to swimming normally and not sideways.

My only concern is that he still hasn't eaten anything since last Thursday--THursday was the last day he ate well. I tried feeding him the worms (which he loves) as well as pellets but he simply swims away. What do I do? I'm guessing he can't go too long without eating, right?

I still have 3 more days left of the high dose of salt treatment, and then i guess i have to move him back to his larger tank.

Thanks again to everyone!
bettachon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #15 
callistra

Bettas can go for weeks without eating so I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. It's great he's perking up!
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote