Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #31 
blueridge

XD after reading all of y'all's addiction stories, it makes me feel better about my addiction.
blueridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #32 
prettykitty123

I only have 1 betta right now, but he is starting to get as spoiled as my two cats. I recently bought him 2 silk plants and a betta leaf hammock. I plan on also getting him a floating betta log to swim in and out of, as well as some frozen food this week.

I don't plan on getting anymore right now, because i don't have the room for another 10 gallon tank, and the only other thing i have to put a fish in is a small goldfish bowl, which I only use when I am cleaning Swimmers tank completely, and need a place to put Swimmers while I am doing this.
prettykitty123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:57 AM   #33 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueridge View Post
XD after reading all of y'all's addiction stories, it makes me feel better about my addiction.
It makes me want to.....go to Petco because they have a new shipment of Bettas coming in today!! My brother is currently stocking a 25 gallon of his and asks me to accompany him on a regular basis to petstores--knowing full well that I have a "problem." We are going to Petco, then Petsmart today. *hyperventilates*
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #34 
Stone

I am still holding at 11 bettas, I have focused on getting plants and making all 6 tanks more natural for them, which has me scouring ebay and getting deals on plants and looking at things to put in their tanks.
Stone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #35 
carbonxxkidd

I know what you mean, I went from having one really sick betta to having 13 in less than 2 months! LOL. I am a crazy shut in though, I work and then I come home to my many animals. I'm 25, live by myself in a 3 bedroom townhome with 2 cats, 2 dogs, a tarantula and all my fish! I think I'm at my limit now though, but if I happen to see a really nice female or double tail baby I might splurge...
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #36 
sunlight

i am addicted big time lol But i kind of realized i can't handle more then i already have. I have 4 at home and 3 at work. A few co worker now have them too. A few neighbors have them from me and love them.
One advice for people who have more than one betta. Always try use different changing equipment just in case one will get sick. Or at least if you see one of the betta has any symptoms of the sickness, separate him and don't share anything between him and your other fish. Also when you buy new betta never put him in the main tank , always quarantine it. I know a few people who brought new betta put it in the divided tank and contaminate it.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #37 
logisticsguy

Im just waiting for my family to stage an "Intervention".

All sitting around on couches telling me they love me but I must leave if I don't go to the Betta Rehab Center.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #38 
sunlight

If they love you they have to understand you interest. It's a hobby that might keep you happy and relax if you are stressed. And not even that....you like it and they have to understand. I have 3 of them in the living room on the table. It's like three- 2.5 gall tanks. And it very annoying for my bf but he knows i love them so he got used to it. We recently bought a table for living room,which was kind of very expensive.He didn't want to put them on that table. So we went to the store and bought another table (specially for my bettas)that i can put my 2 bettas on. And other 2 bettas on another table. He knows my fish as much important to me as my dog and has to be treated as a pet and loved. I hope you win but give them idea how important it for you and it makes you happy.
You know it hilarious i wrote my thread and then i saw how many bettas you have lol Wow too many bettas...now i understand "Intervention". lol It cute though keep you busy :)

Last edited by sunlight; 01-30-2013 at 02:19 PM.
sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:01 PM   #39 
Viva

I wouldn't say I'm ADDICTED to bettas, but I'm definitely addicted to the whole journey of fish keeping. I started with one ten gallon tank and learned about live plants, cycling, etc. and I now have 2 ten gallons (one is currently in the process of being cycled and live plants should be coming Friday!) and a 5.5 gallon. The 5.5 gallon had no live plants and was cycled using the fish food method, which I found the cycling part of the process to be fairly exciting because I had never witnessed the actual water chemistry changes before. I bought a baby betta to put in the 5.5 gallon around Christmas time and she is doing great! I just got another baby betta a couple weeks ago so I can divide the 5.5 gallon and have 2 females in there (I'm pretty sure they're both female, one blue and one red!). I am now waiting to cycle the new 10 gallon which shouldn't take long because I'll use filter media from my other 2 cycled tanks to help it along plus it will have live plants to help. I plan on dividing the 10 gallon 3 ways and I already have a vision of what the tank will look like: desert themed with sand and hopefully some slate/shale rock as soon as I can get some with grass-type plants. I think decorating the tank is the best part and then choosing a beautiful betta to contrast the scenery is the second best part =p
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #40 
Mal72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
I wouldn't say I'm ADDICTED to bettas, but I'm definitely addicted to the whole journey of fish keeping. I started with one ten gallon tank and learned about live plants, cycling, etc. and I now have 2 ten gallons (one is currently in the process of being cycled and live plants should be coming Friday!) and a 5.5 gallon. The 5.5 gallon had no live plants and was cycled using the fish food method, which I found the cycling part of the process to be fairly exciting because I had never witnessed the actual water chemistry changes before. I bought a baby betta to put in the 5.5 gallon around Christmas time and she is doing great! I just got another baby betta a couple weeks ago so I can divide the 5.5 gallon and have 2 females in there (I'm pretty sure they're both female, one blue and one red!). I am now waiting to cycle the new 10 gallon which shouldn't take long because I'll use filter media from my other 2 cycled tanks to help it along plus it will have live plants to help. I plan on dividing the 10 gallon 3 ways and I already have a vision of what the tank will look like: desert themed with sand and hopefully some slate/shale rock as soon as I can get some with grass-type plants. I think decorating the tank is the best part and then choosing a beautiful betta to contrast the scenery is the second best part =p
Lol, I'd say you're addicted to Bettas like the rest of us Viva. It's all good, but admitted it is the first step. We are a support group!

By the way everyone, yesterday I just got a fiery red HMPK named Harvey Two Face. For all of you who are just tuning in--all of my fish: JOKER, harley quinn, bruce wayne, dark knight, harvey two face, and my snails (fox and Alfred) are all named after Batman characters. Lol.
Mal72 is offline   Reply With Quote