Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #21 
eatmice2010

here is this the one you wanted to post?
eatmice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #22 
kandaila

Yup that's the one. He doesn't have the same stripes but they can get stress stripes. The body tyoe, fin color, and the head are the same as fish originally posted. Very fun fish to keep though and they stay pretty small, a couple inches, I'm just not sure how they do with a betta. If it turns out to be female it might not be so bad. They are usually less aggressive, but can get territorial. Particularly if she lays eggs (doesn't need the male to lay just fertilize). Females will develope a distinct red belly, spot near head is less solid black to but belly is easier way to tell IMO. How big is the tank I'd recommend at minimum 10 to 20 for a ram/betta community. Just so everyone has their own space.
kandaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 AM   #23 
Hadoken Kitty

It's a 20G tank. They get tons of room. My betta gets a jealousy streak if I don't sit by the tank and give him super quality time. Not sure what the deal is. He doesn't do it on nights that I don't have classes. Otherwise, they get along awesome. By the way, he is a RAM. Lol. He isn't supposed to get any larger than a couple of inches.
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:42 AM   #24 
Hadoken Kitty

I apperently missed a ton on this thread. I couldn't find it for some reason. :/
Old 01-29-2013, 09:20 AM   #25 
kandaila

They don't get too big 2-3inches and can be beautiful when they're full grown. But since he is a cichlid I would keep an eye on them. Bettas are slow and these guys can be quick when they want to be, though they prefer to be lazy too . At the pet store I go to they like to keep a couple pairs in a 60 or more gallon tank and still have fights. I don't think they bother anything else much and there are a handful of angels in that tank too, but I would just watch them. Rams will do something simular to flaring they'll seem to charge and headbut each other but stop a half inch short and then "ram" again. Its cute but a territorial display and may freak a betta out a bit.
kandaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:19 AM   #26 
Hadoken Kitty

Yea. They get along well. My betta has watched him and he'l back away if he thinks the RAM will do his weird ramming thing. Occasionally I'll see my betta tease-ram him....not sure what to think about it. the RAM doesn't seem to care. He just goes back to staring at his own reflection.