Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #401 
FishyFishy89

Me too Sakura! I was expecting him to go gun-ho on digging around in the sand. But so far he hasn't gone any deeper than his nose xD

I love watching him sift around the sand tho. He takes mouthfuls of sand and blows them through his gills. For a "boring" fish, he's fun to watch.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #402 
thekoimaiden

Kuhlis are not boring!! I've had them for years and actually just got about 6 in today. They tend to be more visible when there are LOTS of hiding spaces around. I've also noticed they are better when dither fish are in the aquarium. Mine don't like to burrow as much as get under things like driftwood and rocks. I've seen them dig pretty far down in the sand looking for food but never to escape.

Also it's much easier to see yellow and black on white! Chesherica also has some striped kuhlies, and hers are much easier to spot in her pictures than my brown kuhlis on black sand.

Fishy, that is a really great shot of your kuhli in the leaf pile!
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #403 
FishyFishy89

Thanks Izzy!

I don't think they're boring. I was just quoting hubby. Hubby's response to him was "Oh he's cool looking! Why's he just sitting there?? Fishy!!! Do something fishy!!!"

LOL I told hubby to be patient and let him settle in. Once we get the tank more together he'll be a more enjoyable fish for hubby. Course once the angelfish get here, he'll forget all about the kuhli xD
Old 01-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #404 
FishyFishy89

Got some new OMP pictures

Old 01-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #405 
Silverfang

Forgive the flash. It just hit just right... or wrong!
My bristlenose pleco. I think she's a she. Of course she might just be young yet.

Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:26 PM   #406 
FishyFishy89

Bristlenoses are so cool. I tink I'm gonna get one anyone. Hubby and BFF keep telling me to get the rubberlip. But the BN is just too cool!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #407 
LittleBettaFish

Yeah I nearly washed my brother's one down the sink once. It somehow survived being tossed around in a sieve while I was cleaning my java moss. Then it fell out into the sink and I had to put my hand over the plug hole to stop it going down the drain.

They are bizarre little fish. My brother's always looked so happy snuffling through the leaf litter.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #408 
Hadoken Kitty

My bristlenose is a NINJA. It's true. I couldn't find it anywhere in my tank while I was cleaning it out. I thought that I had killed it. I was totally going to cry. Alas, I did not! I found him....but it took me twenty minutes to get him in a net. He's so little...and fast....I got him in my net, 90% out of the water....AND HE JUMPED OUT. NINJA
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:04 AM   #409 
FishyFishy89

The BN in my petsupermarket are really small and don't appear to have the trademark bristlenose. Other than the nose spikes, how does one ID a baby BN. Or would they already have the nose spikes?
Old 01-31-2013, 04:27 PM   #410 
rangerserena

my babies. 2 dalmation mollys both girls, 2 24 karate mollys i think 1 boy 1 girl, 2 sunburst mollys i have no idea what they are, and 3 redtail rasboras no idea what they are. then there's hush the betta boy. if anyone can help me id the unkown fish sexs that would be a big help and how i can tell if the females are pregnate
Attached Images

rangerserena is offline   Reply With Quote