betta fish

Old 01-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #16371 
thekinetic

Sparrowhawk just think about how much money you'll save! Good luck!^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #16372 
ThePearlFish

OH..MY... GOD!!!!!! >:(

The endocrinologist an hr. away doesn't take my insurance, the one 5 min. away won't call me back... SO I am supposed to sit here and suffer by not knowing what is going on with me?? I am going to call my insurance and see if they can give me a few names of some, but I don't have time right now, I have two huge tests to study for and the longer I am not seeing anyone, the longer I am freaking myself more out....grr..
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #16373 
BettaHeart

worrying only brings what you fear into reality.
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #16374 
ThePearlFish

Of course. I know that :P, but it doesn't decrease my anxiety.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #16375 
BettaHeart

it would then really be like saying " i accept the situation i am in at the moment with my health, i forgive myself for worrying more then i need to, and i release all doubt *take a deep breath* " It takes abit to re-train old habits of thinking, believe me i know but it is not impossible to change old ways of thinking. ok im done
BettaHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #16376 
ThePearlFish

I was just ranting, ;). My anxiety over this situation isn't too debilitating, it is a little bit due to frustration and other things. I am not freaking out cus I am wondering what is wrong with me. In fact, my anxiety really isn't even about the doctors. I just have a lot of stress and things to be done that is compounding and making me feel anxiety about this situation, where no anxiety should occur (I hope that all made sense! ).

Anti-rant though- I am a little more than 1/2 way through my review sheet for the botany test!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:57 PM   #16377 
Sparrowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Good for you Sparrow!!! Just take it slow. Don't go cold turkey. That's how most people fail quickly. Slowly wean yourself. Start with half a pack a day, then after a month go down to 1/4 pack a day, and reduce each month. Try some quick stress reducing exercises too. If a certain someone is pissing you off. Picture them with a monkey on their head. Something to make you laugh or take a deep breath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePearlFish View Post
Great Sparrowhawk! I can really understand how terrifying this situation must be for you.

It is not exactly the same, but since smoking can be considered something one's body starts to depend on, I just wanted to share to you a story of mine, since I can relate.

I used to be on a medicine for anxiety and depression and though I hate to call myself "addicted" to the medicine, once I decided I wanted to get off, I decided to go cold turkey. Boy, that was a HORRIBLE 1- almost 2 weeks of my life! I was a BEAR going through bad withdrawal symptoms and it kinda messed with my brain a little. It was kinda a scary experience for me too. When my psychiatrist found out he was like "You have to WEAN yourself off!" OOPS... Soo, despite me not wanting to get back on my full dose, I did and slowly weaned myself off. It went A LOT better that time. And I have been med. free ever since and I love it this way!

Anyways, I'm not trying to scare you further, but was just was trying to say take it slow, everyone is different when if comes to how their body reacts to coming off something they have been dependent on for a while, and good luck!! HUGS! :) I'm here for you if you ever need anything. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BettaHeart View Post
Congrats Sparrowhawk all it takes is pure determination and the acceptance of the choice to not smoke anymore
Its been 15 years since my last cigarette, quit cold turkey, i wasnt a heavy smoker then, i started when i was 17 and quit a year later, it made me feel gross and hurt my lungs to the point every breath felt like a giant hand would squeeze my chest.
Im so glad you have made the decision to improve your health.

Nothing is Impossible
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Good for you, Sparrowhawk! You can do it!!!
Thank you so much for your support everyone! It's going to be hard with most of my friends smoking, and my grandma always smoking in the lounge room, but with support like this, we can do it! Yay! The support from the forum means a lot to us since we're not getting a lot from IRL. Thank you!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #16378 
Hopelessaddict101

This heat is horrible. I wish it would go away... I do not enjoy it, at all.
Hopelessaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:23 AM   #16379 
ThePearlFish

Sending emergency weather warnings to my phone during the middle of the night is NOT conducive to sleep.. nor is it conducive to actually understanding the message..

It is wayy too windy out right now.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:08 AM   #16380 
FishyFishy89

Why hubby no check up on babies for me? I cannot sleep not knowing if all is well. Must I do everything myself? :P
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote