Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #11 
Option

How much does this place charge to ship (within the U.S.)??
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #12 
LadyVictorian

$37 during the winter since they include the heating pack. It's normally standard overnight fee's plus pack as always and they prefer to overnight since it's colder than hell in MN and most of these states around us and having a fish travel in this is better done in one day. They arrive very healthy and in good condition though.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #13 
Myates

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVictorian View Post
NICE, I saw some of those guys in the video. Really wanted a black and a white myself.
Ended up ordering 6 - the black and white males, a white HM female, 2 dumbo eared HMPK girls and a bright yellow HMPK girl.. will have lots of fun mixing everyone up - Had gotten 3 males from them week before last too..

Talked to Tony today and he told me he works with some men in Thailand, they are IBC judges over there and they breed show quality fish.. where he gets most of his fish, from their show lines.

Can't beat their prices for those fish.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:15 AM   #14 
LadyVictorian

No you can't. I can't wait to pick up some girls for my little dude. Also just some girls for my sorority. I was looking at getting one of the CTPK females for the sorority just because I think they are so stunning. Def getting HM girls for the sorority as well and maybe an EE if they do well in Sororities.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 AM   #15 
Myates

EE should be fine in sororities - a pectoral may get nipped here and there, but usually not - my EE male was demolished by a virgin girl a couple months back - found out she does not like to be in the dark with a male heh - his fins were all just torn away, even half of his beard.. but only 1 nip to a pectoral. Usually they circle one another and try to keep their faces away from the mouths of others.

This is him about 2 months after the attack..
Attached Images

Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #16 
sandybottom
Reference Team

does anyone who has been to tony's store, know if he carries black ranchu. i saw a link that showed some at his store. this was a while ago. emailed tony a few weeks ago about it and there was no response. i was wondering if maybe he could order me some. he has his hook ups in thailand. and i am uncomfortable ordering them from thailand myself. i tried monas koi. the guy was a total jerk to me.honestly, was on the phone for 3 minutes and decided that i don't want fish from him. he was a rude and condescending fish snob. they are hard for me to find so i would appreciate the help.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 AM   #17 
LadyVictorian

He use to but when I went in to the shop they were not there anymore. You can certainly try calling in and seeing if he still can locate some for you and if he can place an order for the next shipment in.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #18 
pittipuppylove

*sigh* I'm drooling over the 5* plakat boys he has a video of on the website... they just look so sassy. Darned betta bug - I do not need any more fish. But I do have a spare tank and the extra supplies. Goodness, this is dangerous.
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #19 
LadyVictorian

xD I know right...I'm plotting out a 20 gallon I can divide so I can keep more males SO MANY MALES.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #20 
pittipuppylove

Ooo... Pictures will be required when you do it

My problem is that setting up another tank for a new fish sounds like a great idea until it comes time to move them in and out of the dorms - then it's just a pain in the rear
pittipuppylove is offline   Reply With Quote