Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2013, 11:53 AM   #1 
Elliriyanna

best betta foods?

My Finn is currently eating Omega One Betta food but I was wondering if there was better ... I know about new life spectrum however its very expensive to order it everywhere I found :( ... my friend has livebearer fry she said I can feed him and when I get my ADF I was planning on feeding him a little of that as well ... I am very careful not to overfeeding he gets fed just a pinch every other day
Elliriyanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:23 PM   #2 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliriyanna View Post
My Finn is currently eating Omega One Betta food but I was wondering if there was better ... I know about new life spectrum however its very expensive to order it everywhere I found :( ... my friend has livebearer fry she said I can feed him and when I get my ADF I was planning on feeding him a little of that as well ... I am very careful not to overfeeding he gets fed just a pinch every other day
NLS is good but cost more. the only reason why I fed Fred NLS is because it has vegetables in it whereas OO does not have it and he does seem to be more regular with NLS (daily Vs every other day for OO). I am not a dietician and I prefer NLS based on my observations. Still, I need to finish up my OO, hence the feeding schedule of switching every 3 days.
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #3 
Elliriyanna

I understand the OO and NLS but what's a daily v?

I had also looked at hikari pellets and such ... from my.understanding bettas need a higher protein level so the veggies might not be great for them?
Old 01-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #4 
Myates

The more the protein/meat the better.. bettas naturally would get their veggie matter from the stomachs of their prey.. so not a whole lot, but some for the fiber.

Omega are great pellets.. they are in my tub mix that I feed mine. You could also toss in some frozen bloodworms or daphnia or even frozen brine shrimp for added protein. But Omega One alone is still a real good choice of food for the main staple of the diet.

NLS is great too - for my smaller bettas I will feed them the "grow" formula as that is slightly better than the betta formula- but are quite a bit smaller.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 PM   #5 
Elliriyanna

LOL ... I meant my ADF are eating frozen and he can have some of their food not he can eat them *facepalm*
Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #6 
Otterfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliriyanna View Post
I understand the OO and NLS but what's a daily v?

I had also looked at hikari pellets and such ... from my.understanding bettas need a higher protein level so the veggies might not be great for them?
Vs=versus
Otterfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:04 PM   #7 
Elliriyanna

Lol I saw an apostrophe ... apparently where there wasn't :P