Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-01-2008, 05:22 PM   #1 
nav2008

how long can uneaten thawed daphnia stay in the aquarium

i just tried hikari frozen daphnia (im getting ready for my first spawning so i purchaced that along with brine shrimp and other foods for conditioning and decided to feed some to all my fish including my sorority tank) well i put way too much in the tank its 30 gallons with 4 girls who seem to be gorging themselves happily (at least 2 are, ones not sure yet) but theres way too much in the tank, i thawed it first of course but can i leave it and just let them eat today and tomorrow? or would it polute the water like flakes and pellets?

** thought i might mention that one of my 2 males does not like bloodworms (at all, he WONT eat them, spits them out every time) and half the time wont eat all his pellets either... well anyways... he apparently loves daphnia.
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 05:53 PM   #2 
okiemavis

It'll break down and pollute the tank- don't leave it there for more than a few hours or it'll get icky.

I chop the daphnia cubes into pieces before feeding as a whole cube is *way* too much for most of my tanks.
okiemavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 11:34 AM   #3 
nav2008

they got a little less than 1/2 a cube... i suppose a 25% water change will have to be done, but about 1 1/2 hours after i put it in, almsot all of it was gone.
nav2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:21 PM   #4 
Flashygrrl

If you have anywhere you can get a small (6 ml) syringe from those work great cuz you can dispense them a drop at a time. Local animal feed stores might have them...
Flashygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote