betta fish

Old 01-31-2013, 12:46 AM   #21 
majesticstorm

They are all soooo beautiful! I really like Secret :D
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #22 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Skyrocket Moon- Yes I know about your poor boy shark unfortunately bettas are really prone to dropsy probably the only thing that I don't like about bettas It was a real knock to discover Secret had dropsy because I didn't expect it also he had a rocky start to life..... got too cold in the pet shop and was sick when I bought him, he struggled with constant bouts of fin rot for months but finally we won that battle and he went on to grow truly amazing fins!!!

MattsBettas- That is actually an old photo of Berry and his 'ears' are about three times that size now!!!!! I always wondered whether they were supposed to grow that big as he is the only 'big ears' betta I have owned until recently. I bought a purple gas super delta big ears last week but he is just a baby and his fins have a lot of growing to do! Secrets fins are the biggest I have ever seen on a crown tail (that photo really does not do him justice unfortunately as you probably read poor Secret not has the beginnings of Dropsy. I was always shocked that he ended up with such amazing fins after suffering from fin rot for so long. As for Eclipse I was never fussed on his fins he has poor reduction and they look sort of messy but I love him all the same and could not go past his colour! My blue butterfly has permanently damaged fins caused by fin rot which he had when I bought him but he still looks quite stunning at full flare. Thanks for all your feedback

majesticstorm- Thanks majesticstorm, a lot of people seem to like secret I am just so down on the fact that he is getting dropsy He had a rough start to life and now to get this at such a young age..... well is just doesn't seem fair
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote