Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #21 
sunstar93

I love his orange fins! I usually don't really like orange but with his black body he's pretty!! I'm sure he'll be beautiful once he gets more comfortable and used to living in the luxury of a 10 gallon! :)
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:55 PM   #22 
Fenghuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeNicholson View Post
Also, the betta in your profle pic is AMAZING! :) beyond pretty!
Thank you, he's a Petsmart find too. My camera phone didn't do him any justice so I took a ton of pictures when I finally got my Canon back. Spent an hour moving various lighting around my room and fiddling with the camera settings and filters; they really made the colours pop.

Please do keep us updated on your boy. I would love to see how he looks like once he settles in. I think he'll be a stunner.
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #23 
Dan78

Love the colours of your male, haven't seen one like it before. Just amazed with the mix of colours they can come in. Would a little mirror help him come out and not be a shy?
Dan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:58 PM   #24 
HopeNicholson

Wow he sure is an insanely lucky find for Petsmart. That is one of the most beautiful fish ever, what type is it? The one by me seems to get pretty nice dragon scales but their crowntails and others aren't usually as fancy. At least not lately.

But yea I'm beyond excited for when he finally gets comfortable and shows off, he's going to be splendid! Buying him some silk plants and a hiding spot tomorrow. Can't wait :)
HopeNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:59 PM   #25 
HopeNicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan78 View Post
Love the colours of your male, haven't seen one like it before. Just amazed with the mix of colours they can come in. Would a little mirror help him come out and not be a shy?
Once he gets used to me being close to the tank and calms down I might let him flare at a mirror a couple times :)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:23 PM   #26 
Fenghuang

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeNicholson View Post
Wow he sure is an insanely lucky find for Petsmart. That is one of the most beautiful fish ever, what type is it? The one by me seems to get pretty nice dragon scales but their crowntails and others aren't usually as fancy. At least not lately.

But yea I'm beyond excited for when he finally gets comfortable and shows off, he's going to be splendid! Buying him some silk plants and a hiding spot tomorrow. Can't wait :)
Indeed, I couldn't pass him up. He just tugged at my heart strings. I think he would be considered a mustard gas. He's only a delta tail, but I adore him regardless. I have more pictures in my picture thread (scroll down): http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=126944&page=3

The lesser quality phone pics are on the first page for comparison. A good camera does wonders. If you choose to look, you will see that the other multi betta doesn't even look like the same fish.

Sounds like so much fun. I love redecorating tanks. I always get so into it. ^^
Fenghuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 PM   #27 
Skyrocket Moon

He is pretty I love the blue to orange with that silver in between very pretty.
Skyrocket Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:14 PM   #28 
HopeNicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrocket Moon View Post
He is pretty I love the blue to orange with that silver in between very pretty.
Thanks! I'm glad I found him, no one else would've picked him up because of his dirty water at the store I'm sure.

Also I'm sorry about your betta passing, that's a very unfortunate way to go :/ but at least you did everything you could!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:34 PM   #29 
Skyrocket Moon

:( Yah but I think he did it to save the life of Teal from little children's fingers.
His little fish container was low and easy for kids to grab >.<
Skyrocket Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #30 
HopeNicholson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyrocket Moon View Post
:( Yah but I think he did it to save the life of Teal from little children's fingers.
His little fish container was low and easy for kids to grab >.<
I certainly know that uneasy feeling! Some dumb little kid whose parents werent paying attention to him dropped one in the Petco my best riend works at once. i walked back over where the kid was and there was a poor betta dead on the ground.....looked like the kid mightve stepped on it or somethin. From that point on if i ever see a kid or a parent buying one for their kid i get all sorts of annoyed/upset. Then again 90%of the people i see buying them upset me, cause they obviously have zero clue how to care for them even a tad bit properly. *mini rant over*

Well im happy Shark helped you save a little betta from a childs hands! Lol