Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-25-2013, 03:55 AM   #1 
Mr2KiEu

Hello from Bay Area, California

Hi everyone,

My name is TJ. So glad I found this forum dedicated to Bettas lovers! I used to own a few Bettas 10+ years back and was even successful in breeding them once. I ended up swtiching to saltwater reef tanks and that kept me pretty busy. Yesterday, I was walking thru Petco looking at supplies for my Min Pin (Miniature Pinscher) and decided to glace at the Bettas. Usually the quality of Bettas are pretty poor here so I wasn't expecting much. I saw a nice HM Betta that caught my eye and decided to buy it for my GF as a little surprise gift. I think I caught the Betta bug again, because as soon as I got home I started to research for Betta forums, Bettas on Instagram, Aquabid, and Dr Foster and Smith for a nice setup. I'm ordering the Fluval Spec 3 to set up. What is everyone's thoughts about this nano tank for a Betta? Next, I'll be looking for a Betta for myself. Has anyone bred a Red dragonscale, halfmoon, feather, elephant ear Betta yet? If so can you tell me where I can buy one. I'm looking forward to learning, contributing and making new friends on this forum. Here is a pic of the Betta I bought. lmk what you guys think! Not bad for $13.99?
Attached Images

Mr2KiEu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #2 
waterdog

Welcome to Bettas R Us!

If she doesn't want him, I'll gladly take him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #3 
Mr2KiEu

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterdog View Post
Welcome to Bettas R Us!

If she doesn't want him, I'll gladly take him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks, I'll let you know.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #4 
Oldfishlady

Welcome to the forum and to the wonderful world of Betta keeping....

Nice to meet you....
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:32 AM   #5 
auroraeyes

I live in the Bay Area as well, nice to see fellow betta enthusiast in the area:)
auroraeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #6 
auroraeyes

My lfs has limited access to betta breeders in the area, if you'd like the number I would be happy to give it to you if you PM me.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:15 AM   #7 
Mr2KiEu

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroraeyes View Post
I live in the Bay Area as well, nice to see fellow betta enthusiast in the area:)

Good to meet you! I'm slowly getting back into bettas. Trying to keep the betta limit of two. It's been difficult. lol. I would love that info on the betta breeders. I haven't seen too many quality bettas at the lfs. I've mainly been visiting Petco and Petsmart and some other lfs here in the East Bay. King Aquarium in San Jose used to carry some nice bettas, but not sure if they still do.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #8 
auroraeyes

I live in Santa Cruz, but I know of a few really great places around the area, what county are you in if you don't mind me asking? There's a few good ones in the Monterey area, a few breeders in between Salinas and San Francisco, and some great lfs's in Santa Cruz:)
Old 02-01-2013, 12:58 AM   #9 
Mr2KiEu

I'm in the East Bay. Concord/San Ramon area. Contra Costa County. I'm still in the planning stages of what I want to do with bettas at the moment. I have a 29g reef as well. I have a 8gal Fluval tank that I think I'll turn into a planted tank. Trying to keep it simple and not get in over my head too quickly. haha