Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2013, 01:53 AM   #1 
LadyVictorian

Marble x Bi-Colored (MG)

So looking over my HMPK male I realized something, I want to breed marbles but he's a bi-colored (Mustard Gas) male and I want to breed marbles. Does anyone know if marbled mustardgases look good or if they will be showable? Does anyone know how many generatiosn it might even take to breed MG out and get blue marbles?

I may buy his a marble female and an MG female just because I do still want to breed MG's out of him as well.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #2 
indjo
TFK Moderator

Good or otherwise is personal reference. Personally I don't like marbles because they "ruin" patterns I fell in love with. Lol

Depending on genetic background - if you breed to a royal blue, then you should have all the irid colors; gas and non gas. Add marble to the gene pool, you'll have jumping genes with the above colors.
indjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #3 
Laki

Idk but if you do get marble mg I WANT. Marble and mg and HMPK are my 3 favorites.
Laki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #4 
LadyVictorian

I'll likely get a marble female and a MG female then and just breed him to both. See what he produced with the marbles and if I like it I'll breed an offspring back to mom, if I don't I'll buy a separate male.

And Laki if you want one I won't stop you.

I'm also thinking of getting a white HMPK or HM pair but honestly I love HMPK and PK's more than the big fancy tails like DET and HM. May end up breeding only HMPK and trying my hand with HM and possibly CT orchid strain in the future.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote