Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2013, 02:15 AM   #11 
LadyVictorian

I don't have this problem as I am a vegetarian and have been since I was three, meat makes me sick when I eat it now since my body can't digest it very well anymore. Plus in Hungary once they served fish soup....eyes and all O.o. It's very unsettling having a cloudy eye looking at you from your soup.
LadyVictorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #12 
Hadoken Kitty

Oh goodness. Not sure if I could handle the eye. I can swallow a clam, but not an eye....

In chemistry, I learned that vegetables don't have as strong of carbon to carbon bonds as meats do, which is why to body is able to break it down easier. Hence the reason why doctors tell people to go veggie when they get sick from meat. Fun fact of the day!
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #13 
thekinetic

Fish is possibly the best meat you can eat as it is high in both protein and omega 3 fatty acids. Though the protein in red meat is of a higher quality.

People are omnivores and need both and as much as both sides like to argue, for your body to fuction properly you do need to eat both. Otherwise you run an increased risk of a protein deficiency. And while you can get protein from nuts, legumes, and seeds these ARE hard for your body to break down unlike vegetables. It's actually why some creatures like birds have gizzards.

We eat too much meat, and the fats in it cause it to clog the colon thus we need vegetables not only for minerals and nutrients but to clean our systems.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #14 
Newbettamommy13

I say it's fine. I just wouldn't eat something that people keep as pets. I kinda want to get a shrimp cause they're just so cute but if I ever did I'd probably feel bad whenever I ate shrimp. Lol! Same with lobster!
Newbettamommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:41 AM   #15 
Bombalurina

I'm also a vegetarian, and personally find it very easy to get all the protein etc that I need. :) I've read just as many articles saying we don't need meat as I have read saying we do.

Personally, I wouldn't eat one of my pet fish, so I don't think I have a right to eat one that isn't my pet. Personal attachment seems a poor reason to spare/condemn an animal to me. Just my two cents. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #16 
LadyVictorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
I'm also a vegetarian, and personally find it very easy to get all the protein etc that I need. :) I've read just as many articles saying we don't need meat as I have read saying we do.

Personally, I wouldn't eat one of my pet fish, so I don't think I have a right to eat one that isn't my pet. Personal attachment seems a poor reason to spare/condemn an animal to me. Just my two cents. :)
Same here, I am pretty dang healthy and never get sick xD also keep up on everything with a healthy diet and vitamins. My voice teacher is very into all organic and everything and has even shown me the wonders of almond milk. Though I am not vegan I really LOVE almond milk with my cereal and almonds. It's a lot healthier than soy too.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #17 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post

Welcome back!

Humans don't need as much protein as they think they do. There are healthy vegetarian body builders, etc. There's the right way and the wrong ways to be veg.

I think dairy is very unhealthy. Too bad it's so dang tasty!
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #18 
Skyewillow

People also eat Piranha, glass catfish, clown knives, guinea pigs...

I grew up on a farm, I have no problem raising my own food. If it weren't for the fact that most commercial fish foods aren't safe for human consumption, I'd raise my own tilapia and channel cats for food! As it is, I've raised pigs, chickens, turkeys, and rabbits for food, and pets.

By the way, Sushi is one of my FAVORITES!! And not all of it is raw, nagi (eel) is cooked, and so's the shrimp in shrimp nigiri (otherwise, it'd be bluish, not red and white)
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #19 
Skyewillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by registereduser View Post
I think dairy is very unhealthy. Too bad it's so dang tasty!
+1 lol I looooove cheese, but I'm lactose intolerant! >_<
Skyewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:04 PM   #20 
LadyVictorian

Almond milk Sky, I swear by the stuff. You can make KILLER icecream with it too mmmmmm