Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
View Poll Results: Which filter?! :D
Tetra Whisper 10i 3 30.00%
AquaClear 20 7 70.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-04-2013, 07:52 PM   #1 
Caii

Lightbulb Which filter???

Hello everyone!

Alright, so I have the 10 gallon tank, the decor to go in it, the gravel pump and the gravel! However, before I can put Bo or plants or any tank mates in, I need a filter to go with it!

Thanks to BettaisBetter and about five trips to different pet stores, I found two filters with really good reviews that fit my budget!
However, I would like to get your opinion on the matter~

The two filters are:

The Tetra Whisper 10i and the AquaClear 20 Power Filter!

So far, I'm leaning towards the Tetra Whisper because it's cheaper ($11 at PetSmart) compared to the AquaClear 20 ($25 at PetCo; I couldn't find it at any PetSmart near my house!)

Also, the Tetra Whisper seems to only need one component of the filter changed over time (the Bio Bag)... however, every pet store I've talked to says that the AquaClear 20 would be the better choice, especially since I intend to get Bo a compatible few tank mates.

AGH! Please lend me your years of fish knowledge and expertise~ I would greatly appreciate it!
Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Sincerely,
Caii and Bo

P.S.- Bo's happy, healthy, and saying hi! ^^
Attached Images

Caii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:59 PM   #2 
GoodMorning

tetra!
GoodMorning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #3 
White Mage

I only have about a week of experience, but I would go with the aqua clear because it seems higher quality, takes up less space in the tank, and has a controllable flow rate, meaning you won't have to baffle. :3 *going to buy this soon*

Also, after reading some reviews on it, you don't have to replace the sponges that come with it, and rarely the carbon filter.

Last edited by White Mage; 02-04-2013 at 08:13 PM.
White Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 PM   #4 
cliffordsmom

I would go with the AquaClear, just because it's of a higher quality. However, it seems that the Tetra Whisper is a popular choice around here!
cliffordsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:19 PM   #5 
Caii

I'm curious though: why would the AquaClear 20 be the best? I'd love to hear people's opinions! XD
Old 02-04-2013, 10:37 PM   #6 
White Mage

based off of the reviews for the aqua clear, it has 2 sponges in it along with a carbon filter. The 2 sponges help filter while also housing your BB, the carbon filter gets rid of the chemicals and doesn't need to be replaced often, people said they did fine without it also. The sponges can be cleaned by squeezing it a few times during your water change in the old tank water, then put back in with no BB loss.

Amazon.com reviews: http://www.amazon.com/AquaClear-20-P...owViewpoints=1
Old 02-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #7 
Caii

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
based off of the reviews for the aqua clear, it has 2 sponges in it along with a carbon filter. The 2 sponges help filter while also housing your BB, the carbon filter gets rid of the chemicals and doesn't need to be replaced often, people said they did fine without it also. The sponges can be cleaned by squeezing it a few times during your water change in the old tank water, then put back in with no BB loss.
Would you happen to have any experience with this filter, personally?
<: 3
Old 02-04-2013, 10:47 PM   #8 
White Mage

No, but I was planning to buy it xD
Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #9 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

I have had my aqua clears forever (on my brothers 30 [that I take care of] and my ten). They last forever, are silent, easy to maintain, and great quality. I would go with the aqua clear. And it has a bio bag, a sponge, and carbon.
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:55 PM   #10 
Caii

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Mage View Post
No, but I was planning to buy it xD
Oh my gosh~ good luck! I'm really nervous because I'm so technically illiterate... and filters are expensive... and I don't want to mess it up ^^;

Tags
aquaclear, tetra, whisper 10i