Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 PM   #1 
Marvel170

Smile up date :)

hey guys it's been a while since I've been on here, school is kicking my butt and has consumed my time like none other. My boys are doing good the one in my avatar is called canterville. Zepher is okay but I'm worried about his tail because he chewed the crap out of his tail before I came to school and it has not improved at all and i have been using AQ salt on and off. I am at a loss as to what to do.

Name:  college pics 006.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  61.6 KB
the blue streak is the edge of his tail
Marvel170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:37 PM   #2 
veggiegirl

Hey there,

Oh your poor boy, did you actually see him chew his tail? if not I would be worried about fin rot and treat for that asap because the last thing you want is for it to reach his body. Not sure what meds you have but I would suggest maracyn two as an effective fin rot treatment. If you actually saw him chew his tail then maybe rearrange his tank decor to give him something to think about instead of demolishing his fins. Goodluck
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:03 AM   #3 
Marvel170

hey :), no I didn't but his tail became like that in the course of a week, I don't think he liked the other tank I had him in so I bought him a new one and I could tell he was happier. I'll have to look into the pet stores around here and see if they have any of that medicine Kalamazoo is very different than where I grew up. I will try your advice though, thanks :)
Old 02-05-2013, 12:09 AM   #4 
veggiegirl

no problem, if his tail became like that in a week then I would suspect fin rot, good luck sourcing a medication.
veggiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #5 
Marvel170

so I was just sitting here looking up the medicine that veggiegirl told me to get for his fin rot and then I heard water moving and when I looked at his tank he wasn't in it... He had decided to jump out of the tank then when I tried to gently gather him up he jumped off the desk and fell to the floor I was able to pick him up gently with the net because he wouldn't stop flopping around.. He looks fine aside some slightly torn fins and his tail, but this is the first time he has ever done this. My roommate also told me that this morning canterville might've tried to jump out of his tank as well. She said that she heard water whether splashing or running I don't know, but she said that zepher was sleeping, but canterville was awake.. I may have to fashion some lids for their tanks..