Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2013, 02:56 PM   #1 
MiyuMikaelson

"Style's" of tank decor~

I'd love to give it a Vampire feel to it; but I'm not sure how to go about that. Maybe some red plants? I still want my Klaus to stick out though. So we'll have to see. I have Red Cherry Shrimp coming too. So they will add some red. But his health and happiness are the most important.

Do you have any setups outside of the "norm" or a setup that you really love? I'd love to hear/see it.
MiyuMikaelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

To go for a vampire feel, I would suggest getting a fake rock background, or even making one out of slate. :) Use mostly hardscape (rocks, creepy craggy driftwood) to make a creepy foreground. No doubt you could also find some sort of skull/skeleton decoration, too. For a bit of green, java moss is would fit in with that whole look, methinks.

That's my two cents. :p Both my tanks are planted, rather than quirky, so I can't help much. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #3 
Sixwolf

I never thought about themed tanks before, but I like the idea. I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I start setting up a tank!
Sixwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:46 PM   #4 
ChibiShishou

My aunt has a book of aquarium styles, not all were for bettas but you could betta proof them. these are the ones I like:

Hamster tubing was used to create a bunch of short interval ed tunnels for the fish to hide in with fun colored gravel and plants. Im thinking if you got the clear ghost knife fish tunnels they're short enough for bettas!

Zen: this one had bamboo bridges and white sand and rocks it was very pretty with a white background

Lights: These had those ceramic/glass lamp covers (how would you get one of these tank safe?!) that you can find at walmart and they were situated in the tank along with AQ proofed light bulbs and clear plastic bird ladders.

I definitely love the hamster tubing one but I may shoot for a zen when I have the funds.
ChibiShishou is offline   Reply With Quote