Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #541 
Setsuna

Well i looked at it and its okay i guess except imbellis cannot be found in Thailand it is only found in Malaysia. The only wild bettas that are found in Thailand are original smaragdina, guitar smaragdina, splenden, mahachaienesis, and as for stiktos that type is in Cambodia
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:02 PM   #542 
LittleBettaFish

I would also probably change this part of your profile:

Quote:
they will do no damage to each other
Because this sounds like 100% of the time two imbellis aren't going to do damage to each other. Even though imbellis are called the 'peaceful betta', they will still spar and cause physical damage to each other just like all species of betta. My trio (I think they were all female) used to bicker every now and then, and sometimes this would result in a torn fin or missing scale.

Also, I would possibly take out the bit about them being hardy enough to survive the cycling process. I think it could give the wrong idea in that people might just think it's okay to chuck a imbellis in an uncycled tank and not bother to do anything like they are prone to doing with splendens.

Otherwise it just needs to be checked for spelling and grammar like you mentioned.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 AM   #543 
Cole mccallister
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
I would also probably change this part of your profile:

Because this sounds like 100% of the time two imbellis aren't going to do damage to each other. Even though imbellis are called the 'peaceful betta', they will still spar and cause physical damage to each other just like all species of betta. My trio (I think they were all female) used to bicker every now and then, and sometimes this would result in a torn fin or missing scale.

Also, I would possibly take out the bit about them being hardy enough to survive the cycling process. I think it could give the wrong idea in that people might just think it's okay to chuck a imbellis in an uncycled tank and not bother to do anything like they are prone to doing with splendens.

Otherwise it just needs to be checked for spelling and grammar like you mentioned.
sorry but this is from TFK i can`t go changeing any thing i want like a wiki it has to go through procceses first mabe i shoud send byron for these complains as i am not a moderator
Cole mccallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #544 
LittleBettaFish

Sorry I thought when you'd said that you and Byron had put it together that meant you were able to make changes to it.

Got some photos of my burdigala and palangkarensis fry. Burdigala fry are getting bigger and I just found that they have a massive sibling in with the parents that I only just saw today.

Here is their mum picking up eggs from yesterday's spawn.

Here is one of the fry in the grow-out with a belly full of MWs.

Here are my palangkarensis fry. I have two tanks full of these fry. The main tank had the parents removed and so a majority of the fry are in there, and then there is a separate grow-out with around 20-30 of them.

I did't bother with the macro lens so I couldn't get any real nice shots. They are a bit small at the moment to get a real good look at.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #545 
LittleBettaFish

Haha took these shots of my unimaculata male bunking (temporarily) in with his juveniles. He wants out and they want in, but the smallest are probably still able to fit inside his mouth so until they get bigger they will have to be separated.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:15 PM   #546 
LittleBettaFish

Finally managed to pull around 20 odd fry out of my Betta uberis tank before they left the film canister the nest was built in. Of course dad has already started work on a new bubblenest and has been chasing the female around. These fish are going to spawn me out of tanks!

Then I found like 5-6 biggish fry in one of my burdigala tanks. Going to leave them in with their parents since they have been showing no interest in them.

Think this is a nice looking male colouring up in my persephone tank. Looks like I may have predominately males at this point, but there seem to be a couple of females in there as well to continue my line with.
Old 02-18-2013, 10:02 PM   #547 
LittleBettaFish

Persephone moved into the permanent home yesterday. I only just chucked in what I had on hand, but eventually the java moss will be gone and they will only have lots of goldvine wood, some hydrilla and a lot of IALs scattered across the bottom of the tank.

For some reason my camera did not want to focus on them so the photos aren't as good as usual.

Some of the males look nearly big enough to spawn so put some film canisters in there just in case. I really want to get a second generation out of them if I can. If not, they are still extremely beautiful.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:47 AM   #548 
efg321

love the long rimless tanks..........
efg321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #549 
LittleBettaFish

Me too. I have been wanting the Mr Aqua 12 gallon long for ages now. My mum got it for me which was so awesome of her as I didn't even use it for her fish.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:30 AM   #550 
Setsuna

I'll post my new wilds next week once i get them
Setsuna is offline   Reply With Quote