Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2013, 04:48 PM   #16451 
LittleBettaFish

Well I am fiddling around with sponge filters in my fry grow-outs today, and I can hear this dripping sound. I thought it was the bubbles from one of the filters hitting the gladwrap I use to cover my tanks with.

Nope.

Turns out I had forgotten I was trickling water into my palangkarensis fry tank and it had overflowed and gone under the tank and was now dripping onto the shelf below as well as my powerboard.

Awesome.

My poor shelf is already bumpy in places where water has gotten through the sealer. Now I have to hope that I can get all the water out from underneath the tank without having to drain and lift it.

I just hope no fry got washed out of the tank. Makes me feel like a fry murderer if they did.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #16452 
Hadoken Kitty

After french braiding my hair and putting a french braid in it...my boyfriend decides he is going to walk up behind me and put a beenie on my head. UGHHHH. I just spent this whole time doing my hair and this jerk-wad messes it up in a total of five seconds.

Why does he purposely do things to annoy me!? Like stick his finger in front of my face and just hold it there. WHY!?
Hadoken Kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:54 PM   #16453 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBettaFish View Post
Well I am fiddling around with sponge filters in my fry grow-outs today, and I can hear this dripping sound. I thought it was the bubbles from one of the filters hitting the gladwrap I use to cover my tanks with.

Nope.

Turns out I had forgotten I was trickling water into my palangkarensis fry tank and it had overflowed and gone under the tank and was now dripping onto the shelf below as well as my powerboard.

Awesome.

My poor shelf is already bumpy in places where water has gotten through the sealer. Now I have to hope that I can get all the water out from underneath the tank without having to drain and lift it.

I just hope no fry got washed out of the tank. Makes me feel like a fry murderer if they did.
OMG
that's horribleee

1 paranoid thing hubby has about the 75 gallon is getting water on the carpet. One day I was siphoning out water and I was using the big python, needless to say I forgot how fast it drains and I had water spilling all over the carpet. Thanks Dog hubby was paying too much attention to the TV!
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:55 PM   #16454 
bethyMT

Rant: I am feeling sick today. Dizzy, kinda nauseous, my brain is not working right. It feels like I've forgotten to take my medication (zoloft), but I haven't. So who knows what's goin on. It's kinda hard to get through the day feeling like this. Grrrrr. I just want to sit on the couch and veg out, but no.
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #16455 
ThePearlFish

I am being driven up the wall with this cat food thing >.<

I am trying to change my cats' diets so they eat pretty much all wet and only like a couple teaspoons of dry and one cat will NOT eat pate. And it is so hard to find good high quality, brands with good ingredients, and I dunno how much to feed the wet now and it is just so confusing!!!!! O.O -falls over >.<-
ThePearlFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM   #16456 
FishyFishy89

Pearl, have you attempted microwaving the kibble in water? I did this with my kitty when she went on a "hunger strike" from not having anymore kitty kan. You can mush the kibble up and make it soft and smell nummy.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:24 PM   #16457 
ThePearlFish

Well, I am def. trying to increase water intake in my girl, she is the one with urinary issues, but she is also the really picky one and the one who hates pate food... I have started moistening a couple tablespoons of dry so I can mix in her Cosequin that the vet recommended she take.

Since she would prefer not to eat wet, I am kinda forced to do this with the dry. I wish good foods came in chunky versions and were cheaper too. I might moisten the dry at the amount I normally feed her until I can figure out how to transfer her to the wet. and after that she will only get that few tablespoons.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #16458 
FishyFishy89

I know. I feed Kitty the Wellness can. She won't eat it as a glob, but if I take the extra time to either mush it into her dish or cut it into cubes-ish she'll eat it.

ETA: Try Simply Nourish!!! It is literally made with real chicken, gravy and veggies. I kid you not, you could eat it yourself. It looks like some chicken or fish casserole thing. The only issue is they only come in those tiny cans :P

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 02-05-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:36 PM   #16459 
ZergyMonster

Gosh darn, Valentine flowers are expensive! But my fiance is definitely worth it. We have to celebrate our Valentines on the 13th because we are both busy on the 14th but I'm going to do my best to make the 13th special. I went to a site that was having "deals" for Valentine flower orders and everything was at least $30-80, I was able to find a nice bouquet of 12 roses and babies breath with a vase for $30 but with shipping and handling it came up to $42. Hopefully I can find some sort of deal for food because this may end up costing me upwards of $100!

Got to love what love does to my wallet.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #16460 
ThePearlFish

I hate getting flowers and other typical v-day gifts. Hopefully this year BF doesn't get me any. Last year, even though I say all the time I hate gifts like that he went and got me some anyways... :/

Tags
bettathanyou