Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #11 
Myates

BBS is too small for adults.. are you meaning adult brine shrimp? And are these frozen or freeze dried? Freeze dried are poor food to feed in general, and not ideal to feed when conditioning.. at least not as the sole food.

Heater should be set at 82-84.. don't want less than 80 (ideally) in the spawn/grow out tanks - need lots of warmth.

Keep filter off or on very very low during spawning.. can ruin nests and push fry around at first.

Don't forget during conditioning to keep the male/female from seeing each other - only allow them to see one another for 5-15 minutes a day.

Are you in a dorm or at a house? In a dorm it will be near impossible to breed these fish and raise the fry..

Nothing wrong with VTs..
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #12 
masterdan407

I meant adult brine shrimp...and they are frozen. I will make sure next time I am breeding it will be at 82. I am in a dorm, but it is a suite and it has quite a lot of space. (including a common room between the two rooms) We have five 10g tanks, three 20g tubs and a bunch of smaller 1-5g tanks. Thanks for the advice!
masterdan407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #13 
Myates

Don't forget to get a 100+ jars to separate each male in when they start to fight (will need to house them separately for a while before being sold) - and a way to heat all of those jars, and the daily water changes on every single one of them (a must due to their stunting hormone).. hours a day doing water changes on jars/grow out tanks. As long as the place doesn't mind a big increase in water/electric bill and you have a few hours minimum a day to spend.. then enjoy and good luck!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote