Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Spawn Logs
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #191 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyewillow View Post
Logisticsguy, I LOVE the name tags!! If I ever start breeding bettas, I'll have to do that ^_~
The next batch in jars will have an Earl. "Hello my name is Earl" Whats cool is my wife was looking on classifieds for tanks! And then runs out and frames Betta Art. Then she asks if I need help with the betta. After that she spends half hour watching them. Betta resistance wearing off. And now I get to say the next tank is her idea..how easy is that haha.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 02:42 AM   #192 
logisticsguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeautifulBetta123 View Post
Lol good idea :) can you get pics of the ones you are recommending for me? Are you coming out next weekend?
Change my mind on which ones every 10 minutes. I think the ones for you are still in tank 1. The colors keep changing and there are a few there with good form and fins. I will try to get you some good pics to choose. Looks like I will being heading to see Sena and I may be able to bring then if not next trip in 10 to 14 days.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #193 
MattsBettas
Reference Team

Right now, I'm thinking I'll get a male like dad, a female like dad, and a marble female, although this may change. Any suggestions?
MattsBettas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 PM   #194 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

They are cuties hopefully BB and Myates reply soon.
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #195 
logisticsguy

I will get some good pics up pf the jarred guys up in a day or 2. There are about 6 males I rate higher than Dad and maybe 6-8 more equal imo. Finnigan, Big Blue, Spike, Skip, Chuck Norris, and Sarge are all better imo. Algeron is better at same age as well. Also a couple in tank 1 gaining ground fast. The fry seem to be still gaining color with some fin growth since being jarred. Easy to sex now as all the boys seem to build a nest in their jar. Every week I plan to jar 12 more but the best of the best at this point will be in the 1st set but there are some unique males coming in 2nd jars. There are a few multi color females that will be nice stock and about 4 yellow girls that are very good. All these guys have marble thing so cant guarantee anything on how they will change or look down the road. 4 have lost colors and a couple complete loss so far. The better female stock should also be in the 2nd set for next week.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #196 
logisticsguy

Yay! bb123 was just here and took home 3 fish. She knew what she was looking for and chose very wisely. Finnigan was put into the spawn tub and released Big Mary this morning. She is currently helping the young fella build a better nest in between the chasing around the tub. I was concerned that the growth of the fry would slow once they were jarred but no evidence that it has. Fin growth may be at a faster rate even. Jars have 80% wc daily. Pic of Finnigan and his Aunt Mary.

Old 02-08-2013, 08:15 PM   #197 
MrBubbles

Beautiful daddy
MrBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #198 
Syriiven

So is Mary a solid red? That marbling gene from Finnigan + her might get you soem red koI! =D So excited~~
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:50 PM   #199 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

All you fish are huge! Lol the females are very eggy! Really enjoyed our visit yet get the sneaking suspicion that the GORGEOUS marble "girl" might not be a girl... Am not sure though :) all is fine I can't wait to get my fishie Sena is holding :D
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #200 
logisticsguy

Yeah there are some that Im not 100% sure on the gender. If does turn out to be female sure would have nice fins. You will be able to tell soon Im sure. Wonder at times if my females are so eggy because they have males on each side of the sorority tank and flirting happens. My girls are not fat just big boned lol. Happy that you like your fish. I already sub cultured the microworms into 4 new ones. I will be working on all the others tomorrow still researching all of them. Thanks much!