Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Meet the Betta Keepers
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #11 
bamsuddenimpact

If that container had a viable surface for a heater, Id consider putting a boy in one haha
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:10 AM   #12 
Katmassive

Lol animal cracker container my brother told me to do that but i said no lol but it looks cool for a dorm im sure it fits right in my betta is in a .3 gallon and of course the food he likes makes his tank dirty but im ordering him an upgrade today .. We seem to be doing the same thing keeping them alive and comfortable until we can get the better stuff in place.
Katmassive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 PM   #13 
aemaki09

I actually think the animal cracker container idea is AWESOME!! And though it would be great if he had a heater, Atleast he looks like he has a decent amount of room in it. (I might have to jar some of my keepers from this spawn in animal cracker containers now! Just so awesome)
I'm glad you will be upgrading him! I don't think you are a horrible owner, though. He looks like he is very well take. Care of. The only thing I would suggest is doing 1 more water change a week just because that jar doesn't look like its more than 1.5 gallons.
Goodluck with him!
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #14 
Newbettamommy13

Hey and Welcome! That's a pretty little boy you got there! You've come to the right place, very friendly community, so no need to expect any hate from anyone! Doesn't look like he's in TOO bad of a container but happy to hear he will be moved to a 10 gallon soon, he will love all the new space! I actually started with one of those little (approximately) half gallon betta starter kit tanks before moving my little Mojo to a 5.5 gallon. Good for you for joining up on here and planning to provide more for him.
Newbettamommy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:46 PM   #15 
Haleigh

Hello and welcome to the forum! Don't feel badly about the tank. Everyone starts out small and then works to buy better equipment. I'm also a college student, living in a dorm, and it's hard to have the best tank for your betta. Right now, mine is in a one gallon tank, with a heater. When I go home this summer I'm getting him a 5 gallon though.
Haleigh is offline   Reply With Quote