Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #361 
Kbud

So you can keep a betta at the same temperature as other tropical fish, like neon tetras, angelfish, all those that require a heater, etc...
Old 02-06-2013, 06:23 PM   #362 
gumdropluv1

Thank you do much! This was really helpful and im pretty sure the blue water is used to keep them healthy. :)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #363 
hperriperri

These tips are very helpful. But for the personally experienced tips and better care for betta please visit
http://www.altafkhatri.com/FunLearni...pan/betta-care
Old 02-18-2013, 11:59 PM   #364 
Hutton13

My fish is starting to turn silver. And i just got it. Is it becaus the water is too cold?
Old 02-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #365 
royal

It could either be him showing his true colouration (most likely) a jumping gene or something is wrong. Check your water with a test kit.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #366 
FishyKiss

Ack! My daughter and I just bought a Betta today, an I got it a one gallon bowl so it would be light enough for her to lift it and change the water on her own. Guess it will end up being a backup bowl. I didn't want to start with a full setup if she might not remain interested. I've had aquariums and ended up keeping my Betta in a small bowl because the other fish attacked him. He lived in a tiny 3 cup bowl for 3 years! Now I feel bad, and was thinking the one gallon bowl was a good start. Well, give us a little time and we will get a better aquarium. It will be fun, and things seemed to have changed a bit since 20 years ago!
Old 03-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #367 
FishFish

Hi I am new to this site so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong forum but I have an urgent question about my betta.

Size of tank is 1.5
Male betta just got him last month, a walmart rescue
The temperature when i got him was 68 degrees and he was lively and swiming everywhere. Got the filter and he was still doing great. Then I bought a heater for 2-15 galleon and the temperature is at 74 degrees. With the heater in I took the filter out and the tank looks cloudy and Fish has just stopped moving much. He isnt swiming around everywhere just lays at the bottom of the tank. He does have a white fin but its not fuzzy or anything, just a white fin.

Any help? I took the heater out and am going to put the filter back in. Also I have been using distilled water.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #368 
katmandew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFish View Post
Hi I am new to this site so forgive me if I am posting in the wrong forum but I have an urgent question about my betta.

Size of tank is 1.5
The temperature when i got him was 68 degrees and he was lively and swiming everywhere. Got the filter and he was still doing great. Then I bought a heater for 2-15 galleon and the temperature is at 74 degrees. With the heater in I took the filter out and the tank looks cloudy and Fish has just stopped moving much. He isnt swiming around everywhere just lays at the bottom of the tank. He does have a white fin but its not fuzzy or anything, just a white fin.

Any help? I took the heater out and am going to put the filter back in. Also I have been using distilled water.
I'm no expert but you should probably change at least 50% of the water and you need to use water conditioner. I don't think using distilled water is a wise choice but if that's all you've been using than I guess it's been working for you. Keep the filter in, change the water and get water conditioner like Prime. I have to say I've never heard of using a filter in a 1.5 gallon bowl but again if it works then by all means continue using it and think about upgrading to at least a 5 gallon tank.

Good luck :)
Old 03-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #369 
rubinthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishFish View Post

Size of tank is 1.5

Maybe if you made a thread in the emergencies and diseases section, more people would be able to help you.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #370 
royal

I jave a heater and a filter in a 1.5 gallon, and romeo loves it! But he's still being upgraded this weekend....
Closed Thread