Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #21 
Juicebox

sadly my cambodian female passed away today..

for the past week she had been keeping to herself and hiding amongst rocks at the bottom of the tank,she wasnt eating during feedings,she was scavaging off the bottom of the floor every now and then.. yesterday i found her on her side at the bottom of the tank,the ghost shrimp were picking at her and she had red patches on her sides..

i took her out and floated her in a cup with some salt and extra stress coat,i put a little food in the cup,she was barely moving,found her dead today..

i guess she was not cut out for sorrority life :( now im down to 3 females again,goin to try pick out a new one over the next week if i can find any decent ones at petco/petsmart..
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #22 
Xaltd1

I'm so sorry!!!
I lost 3 fish, I am down from 12 to 9 BUT... the remaining 9 are as healthy and frisky as can be! At feeding time, it looks like a shark attack!!! Even 2 who "sulked" for weeks perked up eventually. I kept testing, testing... adding "Prime" and "Quickstart" if things seemed less than perfect. It really pays to test every day, and the MINUTE I see someone not acting right, I jump for the test strips so I can get an idea of what's wrong; I follow up with the liquid test if there's a test that's off. The strips are handy for a quick reading, esp. if you're trying to plan your day! It's important to know if you have to stop & do a PWC, or if you can eat breakfast and run errands 1st!.

I noticed that, on Aquabid.com, someone in the US is offering groups of 4-6 females for very little $. Also, ebay will have bargains on girls. I am so much in love with my yellow/orange girl, I bought a yellow male (I haven't got him yet). I hope I get a few yellow bettas to offer to our breeders. It's the one color that hasn't been worked on by breeders, which is too bad, they're gorgeous.
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 PM   #23 
AyalaCookiejar

I am so sorry for your loss :(

I had three females that are still being QTed since I didn't have enough to put them all in the sorority tank, but one of them passed away from Dropsy the night before last :(
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 03:06 PM   #24 
Juicebox

thanks for the sympathy.. sorry to hear of your losses too,its hard work gettin a nice group of females together,i was thinking about just leaving 3 in there but ill give it another chance at finding a tank mate,i think this time ill try get a fish slightly bigger than the 3 currently in there in case the new fish is smaller and they bully her..

whenever i get the new one ill report back with pics and tell how shes gettin on
Old 02-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #25 
AyalaCookiejar

You could try one from a breeder? Most breeders keep their girls socialized in big sorority tanks. I don't think size matters, though. They might be less friendly if they are older and haven't been around other girls... Hopefully, as long as you cup them all and rearrange decor, a new girl will work out!

Good luck :)
Old 02-06-2013, 08:36 PM   #26 
Juicebox

a 3 dollar petco one is all i can get ,goin to breeders a fish is gonna cost me 10 - 30 dollars,plus about 15 - 35 for shipping,its too much for now :(
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 AM   #27 
broncosfan84

I recently got 6 young females from Chard56 for $30.00 and that included the shipping and heat pack. They all arrived healthy and getting along wonderfully.
broncosfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #28 
AyalaCookiejar

Chard56 is a very good breeder with very generous prices. I am getting the rest of my females from him. He has an abundance of dragon females right now, lol.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:56 AM   #29 
broncosfan84

I'll have to check with him again. :)
broncosfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:02 PM   #30 
Xaltd1

I've purchased 3 females from him. 2 fins up from me!
Xaltd1 is offline   Reply With Quote