Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #11 
cliffordsmom

Marina*, not Aqueon.
cliffordsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #12 
Krys

All my heaters are the tetra HT10's and i have them in plastic tanks as small at 1.5 gallons. They work great for me and i've never had a problem with them.
Krys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #13 
bettacrazygirl86

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsuddenimpact View Post
If you are up for using Amazon- its like 13-14 after shipping :) Elite Mini Submersible Heater- I have both the 25w and 50w
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffordsmom View Post
I use this Aqueon 25W in my 5g, and it works wonderfully. The only problems I've had is when my roommate leaves our window open (in the winter -.-), and then sometimes the temperature in the tank will get a little lower. Otherwise, I totally recommend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krys View Post
All my heaters are the tetra HT10's and i have them in plastic tanks as small at 1.5 gallons. They work great for me and i've never had a problem with them.
I really wanted an adjustable heater. I have a preset one right now that I wasn't happy with, but it's working great in my new 3 gallon, though I'm upgrading that one too, when I can afford to.

I wound up buying the TopFin 25 watt that I mentioned in the first post. It does a wonderful job, and I love it, but when I opened it, it smelt funny. Like rubber, but still. I made sure to rinse it off really well and I scrubbed it to make sure it was nice and clean, but today, the day after I had put it in the tank and a few hours after I had put Patriot back into the tank, he came down in fin rot. He looked perfectly fine before the change and even after, but when I came home from picking up my new baby girl betta, I noticed his fins. :( I'll be taking the heater out and cleaning it better, along with everything else before I put him back in. Right now, he's in his cup of new, clean water, floating in the tank so he can have the warmth from it, but not the nasty water that did this to him. :( My poor baby.
bettacrazygirl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #14 
bamsuddenimpact

The Elite is adjustable- however my local pet store informed me that the brand has gone away and is part of another brand which dissapoints me. I used the 50w in my 5 gallon b.c my room stays around 50-60 in the winter and it keeps it at a toasty 80-84.
bamsuddenimpact is offline   Reply With Quote