Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #221 
AyalaCookiejar

A little excited...
We are going to keep my brother's fish tank in my room, so I will have five beautiful tanks to look at! (Well, sort of. My brother's tank isn't actually that pretty. I gave him a few plants to put in there but he is less than concerned about it.) He's going to be at my house for another two months or so. They found a house to rent, but it needs to be painted and junk so it will be awhile until they are able to move in.

He put his mini fridge in my room for now. It's on the opposite side of the room from the window so you can't see it in the picture. It was next to my TV but I set my TV on the floor so that I could use the black box it was on for one of my tanks (the one next to my bed). We were able to move our old microwave stand into my room where the TV was at, and I moved my TV on top of his mini fridge. The microwave stand has a drawer underneath it and a good place to hide his bubble and stuff. I was able to fit all his stuff for his tank in that drawer. I will have a hard time explaining it without a picture, lol.

Excuse my complete and utter excitement about where my tanks are going to go. I'm a super organized person (obviously) and I am absolutely thrilled that everything is working out well and I've been able to find places to fit all of my equipment so that it looks nice and isn't laying all over the place.

I haven't moved any of my tanks yet, but I am thinking that they will all need to be moved by tomorrow or wednesday since I have to work Thursday-Sunday and I'm supposed to have all my tanks out of my boyfriend's basement by Friday. I have to get my brother's tank out of my way, first, anyways, and he doesn't act like he really wants to help with that. Looks like my dad and my friend will have to help me. Thank god both of them are much stronger than I am, lol.

My friend and I removed Okami from her tank and placed her in a homemade coffin (well, actually, he did it because I couldn't stand to look at her). We haven't been able to bury her because the ground is semi frozen, but it's supposed to warm up more tomorrow, and my dad said he would help me.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #222 
Syriiven

I'm glad you get to put her to proper rest. -hugs-

And new arrangements are always exciting, sounds like a lovely set-up you have planned =)
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #223 
AyalaCookiejar

LOL I drew a picture for you! :)

I put a cool little set up on the shelf there. I have two picture frames with my dog, Sophie, who we put to sleep when I was 12, and her ashes in the middle. That shelf doesn't have a back to it so I will be able to set my brother's bubbler thing for his tank behind it. It is bothering me right now because it's sitting out in plain sight.

I also have a Super Nintendo on the floor next to the fridge xD
Old 02-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #224 
Syriiven

Sounds awsm to me =)
Old 02-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #225 
AyalaCookiejar

My brother finally moved his ten gallon tank for me. He moved it while it was still half full 0_0 I tried to convince him to move more water and I would refill it but he wouldn't listen.

He stirred up the gravel looking for his loaches because he was scared he may have killed one since he accidentally pressed the siphon into the gravel without thinking and they hide in the gravel. They're both still alive but the water was SO cloudy because the gravel is dirty! It will settle eventually. He scooped up the big floating debris at least with his net and I was able to kind of clean his decor and got him to add the three plastic plants I gave him so it looks a little more appealing. He also never fills the tank fully because he's lazy, so I filled it for him because the sound of the filter splashing was driving me nuts and the tank is in my room. I can't convince him to actually clean his tank and I don't know how to catch his loaches. -_-

I decorated his mini fridge in my room with magnets, lol.

It's supposed to be like 50 degrees out tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my tanks moved. I bought a 5 gallon bucket today and two one quart jars to move DaBaDee and Bahari. Also got a little measuring glass that measures 6 tsps or 2 tablespoons for my meds AND I got tweezers to attempt to feed Bahari. I got new bed sheets, covered my window with an old one (one of them is ripped down the middle) and I got another power strip for my brothers tank.

We have yet to bury Okami :/ my dad left today and he said he would help me with her burial.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #226 
Syriiven

Sorry to hear the burial's post-poned...

But I'm glad other things are looking up =)
Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #227 
AyalaCookiejar

We buried Okami yesterday and got all of my tanks moved to my room. It didn't end up working out how I had planned it. I have tanks literally scattered throughout my room. It looks kind of random but very cool when the tanks are illuminating the room.

I was able to find places for all of my equipment and I didn't even use all the shelves I cleared off. My room is a lot smaller than their previous room and I have an extra tank, but I don't really do his water changes for him. I know his tank is cycled, but his fish aren't my responsibility. I do water changes when I'm bored, though, lol.

I think they are all confused about the change of scenery (besides Bahari, ha). I also got my metro, Kanaplex, and VitaChem yesterday. They all have VitaChem in their tanks, now.

Since I only have two girls, now, I'm tempted to divide the ten gallon to give them more space. I don't know when I will get my live plants and other girls... I'm almost scared to put my current girls in a sorority for fear of sickness or fighting since I lost Okami so suddenly. I do think Stella and Lotus may have some better genetic backgrounds. I'm not sure that Okami came from any of Mo's spawns... I feel a little overwhelmed right now with school and work and a planted sorority isn't going to help... It doesn't help that my filters have been making no progress cycling.

If I don't get my new girls and my plants soon, I don't want to leave my current girls in those little one gallon tanks. I guess I'm just scared something will go wrong and I will lose another one :/
Old 02-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #228 
Sparrowhawk

I hope that everything gets better for you soon and that stress levels get lower!

You should do whatever you think is best for your girls. If you don't like leaving them in their one gallon tanks, you could move them into a divided tank, and then decide what you want to do once your other girls arrive?

Best of luck with everything though, sounds like you're going through a pretty tough time.
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #229 
AyalaCookiejar

Thank you. I made this in my graphic design class yesterday for Okami.

I'm a little scared to divide the tank, but I really don't want to leave them in those little one gallons. Idk. Also thinking about going back to my old job, because this one combined with school is just way too stressful. -_-
Old 02-10-2013, 01:37 AM   #230 
AyalaCookiejar

http://www.change.org/petitions/penn...-contain-metal

Petition needs signatures! ^

I'm laying in bed and my brothers HOB filter running is kind of relaxing. It's not too loud but it does drown out the vibrating sound from Bahari's filter, lol. Random facts...