Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 09-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #1 
zerlinafish

so, I got BettaFix

Fin Rot is scary looking! His tail fin is not looking great...but I am hoping that it will get better. I want him to be as beautiful as he was when I brought him home!

I came home last night and did a 50% water change on Ernesto's 2 gallon tank, added the new dechlorinated water and a teaspoon of BettaFix. He tollerated it well. I dosed him again this morning after his breakfast. I noticed he has a new little hole in his tail fin (tiny hole)

Should I do another water change before dosing him again tomorrow? How long should I dose him with the Bettafix for? The package says 7 days...
zerlinafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #2 
Little-Fizz

I've never used bettafix, but just follow the instructions on the box. It may tell you to only do a water change after the 7 days of treatment.
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 AM   #3 
dramaqueen
Banned

I've used it before and I used it for 7 days and then did a water change. I had pretty good luck with it.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #4 
Kim

I tried the more concentrated form of this stuff (melafix) on two different fish. It did not work at all, and really gunked up the water. I know some people say good things about it, but I personally think that it is crap. I am not trying to offend anyone, it just has never worked for me and actually did more harm than good when I dosed as recommended. The water got really gunky, but I didn't notice because the stuff is clear. One thing that I have tried that has actually worked is Fungus Clear by Jungle Labs. It is easy, and has worked every time. Hope this helps.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:49 PM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

Is there a difference between Fungus Clear and Fungus Eliminator, both by Jungle Labs?
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:00 PM   #6 
Deku

Re: so, I got BettaFix

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerlinafish
Fin Rot is scary looking! His tail fin is not looking great...but I am hoping that it will get better. I want him to be as beautiful as he was when I brought him home!

I came home last night and did a 50% water change on Ernesto's 2 gallon tank, added the new dechlorinated water and a teaspoon of BettaFix. He tollerated it well. I dosed him again this morning after his breakfast. I noticed he has a new little hole in his tail fin (tiny hole)

Should I do another water change before dosing him again tomorrow? How long should I dose him with the Bettafix for? The package says 7 days...
oh my betta died of that D: i i was soo sad that Yin died of that... >< he had those two white sensor fins idk >< im just sad so i replaced him six-seven month later with a new crowntail xD still no name for him xD im thinking
Deku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:04 PM   #7 
Little-Fizz

Melafix makes your water kind of foamy when you put it in... But theres nothing wrong with it, its all natural ingredients.
Little-Fizz is offline   Reply With Quote